Losing weight at 50

Options
Wow is this hard any suggestions would be great I’m robin by the way hi everyone

Replies

• robiishome
    robiishome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello. Try starting small. Try .5 lbs a week of lost. I believe this site has a calculator to assist you in how much caloric intake you need to accomplish that goal. What helps me is also logging the calories. You can do it with focus!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Make the process as easy as possible. For instance, a lot of people jump right into 1200 calories, which is too low for most people. Sure, it'll slow down the process a bit to eat more, but it's better than quitting because it's too hard. Also, unless you have any specific prohibitive health conditions (like diabetes), there's no reason to cut out any of the foods that you enjoy. Just eat whatever you like within your calorie limit.
  • loserbaer
    loserbaer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Kay here... just turned 53 on the 19th ~
    Want to see my grandkids grow up and have an active role in their lives 🤗💕
    Need to lower cholesterol and blood pressure...
  • loserbaer
    Options
    Robin, my wife and I are doing “hello fresh” 3-4 times a week, depending on meal choices...lol. It really helps as I have no excuses not to cook 😊💕
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty next month and I didn't want to be fat and fifty so I started using MFP 7 months ago.
    Down 28lbs but slow and steady, using a Fitbit too. Weigh everything and log it. I log my breakfast and lunch in one go, so it takes no time.........
    I'm not fat anymore but have got some to go according to my OH. I shall stop when I'm happy!
    Keep at it, it is doable. Just log and track and keep motivated 😀
  • loserbaer
    Options
    Congrats Heidi!! You give me hope! I lost 10lbs in the past 3 months. This was after my doctor told me my liver enzymes and cholesterol were elevated. We joined a weight Management class and our nutritionist turned us on to this app 😉💕
    I agree the logging in really holds me accountable 😬💖
  • cherylfox
    cherylfox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Robin, my name is Cheryl and I’m 55 years old. Losing weight is definitely much harder then when I was 30. This is my 5th week since I starting and I’ve lost 9 pounds of the 25 that I would like to lose. Keep it up. Take one day at a time.
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, my name is Mandy. I'm 51 in a couple of days and am determined this is the last time I will 'start a new healthy eating regime'... So, I'm taking it really slow. I'm logging everything, even if I go waaaaay over my cal limit. It took about 3 years to gain this weight (was always slim before) so if it takes 3 years to lose it gradually and permanently then so be it. Add me as a friend if you wish!
  • loserbaer
    Options
    Hi Cheryl
    You’re knocking those pounds off fast, that’s awesome! I hadn’t even thought about how many pounds I want/need to lose...I have been only focused on getting to my goal weight! But, I like your way of thinking! I only have 14 more pounds to lose! 😉 💕

• loserbaer
    Options
    Hi Mandy
    Happy Birthday!! What a great gift you are giving yourself! I love your attitude 🤗💖
  • BumbyDog
    Options
    Thanks Loserbaer!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned fifty too. I've lost about 20lbs and need to lose a good bit more. Welcome.
  • BumbyDog
    Options
    Sorry for the side track question but how do I invite someone on here to add me as a friend? I'm sure it's straightforward, and actually I know I've done it before, but I just can't see how to do it now. Middle age brain!
  • machel131
    machel131 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm Machel (pron Michelle). Ill be 56 tomorrow and would love a "friend"
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am 51, Welcome!!!
  • BladeRun45
    BladeRun45 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BumbyDog wrote: »
    Sorry for the side track question but how do I invite someone on here to add me as a friend? I'm sure it's straightforward, and actually I know I've done it before, but I just can't see how to do it now. Middle age brain!

Hi Bumby! Click on their name, then when their window pops up, click on their name again..THEN click on "Add as a friend" :)
  • loserbaer
    Options
    machel131 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. I'm Machel (pron Michelle). Ill be 56 tomorrow and would love a "friend"

Happy Birthday Machel! Would love friends too!! 🤗💕
    Kay
    Loserbaer
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and have lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months and have 10 to go. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • loserbaer
    Options
    BaVIP073 wrote: »
    I just turned 60 and have lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months and have 10 to go. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

Wow, BaVIP!! Only 10 more to go, you so got this! See, Machel, let’s friend BaVIP and each other, and we’ll have two friends 🤗💖
    Thanks! Kay