Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Slider678Slider678 Posts: 46Member Member Posts: 46Member Member
Hey there-
Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
Jay in Atlanta

Replies

• Slider678Slider678 Posts: 46Member Member Posts: 46Member Member
    I'm in!

Awesome...us against the world! Who else?
  • Slider678Slider678 Posts: 46Member Member Posts: 46Member Member
    Anyone else?
  • Mike1804Mike1804 Posts: 106Member, Premium Member Posts: 106Member, Premium Member
    Count me in! I turned myself around about two years ago when I allowed myself to reach my highest weight ever. Lost 30 lbs over the course of 1 year and for the most part I’ve been able to keep it off...but plateaued last year, got frustrated, took a break and maintained for the last 6 months. Now it’s time to reach my next goal... 12lbs away.
  • allison8668allison8668 Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    Hi there ! I'm not exactly starting anew - just moving on with what I found to work for me. I've lost the bulk of the weight I had wanted to lose (only took me over 4 years) and have been maintaining for several months now. I started food logging again - because I'm going to try losing another 10 or 20 pounds.

I have no problem being motivated to exercise. I like cardio and I'm looking forward to staying in shape - and improving my fitness in time for Spring hiking. Over the winter I sporadically run - when the weather's nice enough. I walk - I play Pokemon Go. And, I do the treadmill and elliptical.
  • allison8668allison8668 Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    Hope everyone has a successful Sunday. Most of my day will be spent in a car - taking my son back to college. It's a bit difficult to get any exercise in. So I guess I'll declare today a rest day. I do have control over my eating, though. So, I have healthy snacks prepared, and I'll stay on my eating plan. (and, hopefully get some reading in - I'm not driving, btw, my husband is - LOL!)
  • scottbrown65scottbrown65 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I'm in. Up early getting the day started off with a little egg whites and guacamole...