Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• DJMac8
    DJMac8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the hardest part of the day for you to stay healthy and why?

Evenings.... at home, tempted by alcohol and snacks

How do you stay on track?

Close the door to the kitchen as a nudge not to re-Enter after dinner, hang out in my bedroom instead of the living room, take a deep breath and recite some affirmations. Logging my day also helps!
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi im in
    Im 55 and doing 5:2 Fast diet as done by Michael Mosley. Started last week. Got a fast day tomorrow... so here goes
    Feel free to add me.

Have a happy Wednesday everyone 🙂
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    What is the hardest part of the day for you to stay healthy and why? At home, mostly when I come home from anywhere. It's emotional eating/stress relief after work and I think in part, procrastination.

How do you stay on track? Preparation (I pack everything ahead for work and gym/swimming) and try to get busy at home to avoid grazing.
  • ksosh58
    ksosh58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • ksosh58
    ksosh58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 lbs by October
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mike, Mike, Mike, what day is it???
    First day back to school for kiddo, perfect new beginning to reign in my snacking. Going to stop at our mom-n-pop coffee shop for a treat for her, but I've already made, and in process of drinking, my protein shake, so no caramel machiato for me! Already logged the days meals AND snacks. Now to stick to it.
    Own Hump Day, my beautiful friends!
  • MissyMeltAway
    MissyMeltAway Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Lets jump start this group....2 questions for this Monday morning.....

1- Where are you from? Be as specific or vague as you'd like.
    2- What is one challenge that worries you this week?

I'll start...

1-Atlanta
    2- Getting my exercise in. Been walking 4 straight days and I am sore, knees hurt and my back is tight. If I can just get to 250 I will feel so much better!

Sound off!

Answering Monday's question:
    1- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    2-Getting my calories back under control...I want to snack in the evenings
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Like many people here I used to find the afternoons the trickiest part of the day but now that I don't skimp on the lunch calories and prepack healthy snacks I find it easier.
    Now it is car journeys...I need something to snack on so I'm saving one of my snacks for in the car - and we'll see.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Time for me to step up and mean it this time. Need to lose weight and eat better which will help with my arthritic knees. It will be baby steps at first however hope to move faster as I get used to the new routines.
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I would like to join this thread. I made a good start last year and then got sick in June and it all derailed. I'd like to pick up where I left off. I had lost 20 pounds but gained 10 back. I am glad that I did not go clear back to the start but still disappointed to have to work off the same ten pounds. I have along way to go because I would like to lose about 60 pounds total.

My biggest downfall is lack of planning. I need to meal prep in order to stay on track. If I leave it to last minute choices I will pick the worst (usually the easiest) foods.
  • Jaelyn_va
    Jaelyn_va Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in! 57 in April and need to lose 30 pounds. Lost it last year for my daughters wedding. But fell back into bad habits.

Starting weight: 162.2 / 5’5”. Started January 7th
  • StaceyWW3
    StaceyWW3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's time to get serious. I never thought I'd hit almost 200lbs...but this morning was 196.4. This is the heaviest I have ever been and it's been hard to pay attention to what I know I need to do...
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @dgraft123, Happy belated birthday!

@cory17, I have made a promise to myself that I’m not buying anything bigger either!! I’m done!

@Sparkle1098, I feel your pain. My left knee keeps me from long walks right now. I’m hoping as I drop weight it will get better and I’ll be able to add long walks again.

@poscur, I felt all those feelings of shame and disgust when I started on 11/30/18. We have to keep our focus on the goal and that is to be at a healthy weight and stay there. We can do this! Sure, it’s hard. If it wasn’t, everyone would be trim. I’ll check out those podcasts.

@MissyMeltAway, thanks for the add. I look forward to encouraging each other to our goals!

@StaceyWW3, we can do this!! Make a plan and then make it a habit. What’s been working for me is to track every bite and to exercise every day without fail.

Hope everyone has had a great day! Spring can’t come fast enough for me!!

Blessings,
    Bonnie in Nashville TN
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    After dinner until I go to sleep. Especially on nights when I have to complete homework for my Master's classes. I just want to binge on popcorn, nuts, chips and salsa.

I weigh myself. I drink water and flavored sparkling waters. My husband thinks this is crazy but I watch the Food Channel. Something about watching people eat food and describe the taste is very satisfying to me!
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    After dinner until I go to sleep. Especially on nights when I have to complete homework for my Master's classes. I just want to binge on popcorn, nuts, chips and salsa.

I weigh myself. I drink water and flavored sparkling waters. My husband thinks this is crazy but I watch the Food Channel. Something about watching people eat food and describe the taste is very satisfying to me!

Lynn-
    That is so funny! When I am on the treadmill I watch the food channel too! That is my hardest time of the day too!
  • Slider678
    Options
    @dgraft123, Happy belated birthday!

@cory17, I have made a promise to myself that I’m not buying anything bigger either!! I’m done!

@Sparkle1098, I feel your pain. My left knee keeps me from long walks right now. I’m hoping as I drop weight it will get better and I’ll be able to add long walks again.

@poscur, I felt all those feelings of shame and disgust when I started on 11/30/18. We have to keep our focus on the goal and that is to be at a healthy weight and stay there. We can do this! Sure, it’s hard. If it wasn’t, everyone would be trim. I’ll check out those podcasts.

@MissyMeltAway, thanks for the add. I look forward to encouraging each other to our goals!

@StaceyWW3, we can do this!! Make a plan and then make it a habit. What’s been working for me is to track every bite and to exercise every day without fail.

Hope everyone has had a great day! Spring can’t come fast enough for me!!

Blessings,
    Bonnie in Nashville TN

Bonnie-
    You are so sweet and encouraging! Love it!
  • Slider678
    Options
    Hey All-
    Sorry I missed yesterday. Been fighting a cold.

Here is today's questions....and I'll start...

What is the one thing surprised you about pursuing a healthy lifestyle?

What is the one thing surprised you about pursuing a healthy lifestyle?
    I didn't realize how much of my friends and social network were focused on calorie consuming events. It seems I only see people when we drink, eat or do both. I find myself telling people I cant see them because I know we will have 1,000 calories worth of beer and appetizers or worse! I need a plan to stay connected or find new friends!