My journey through loosing 102lbs and finding happiness

2»

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    You are amazing. To overcome such, such tragedy and come out in such a better place is awesome in every sense of the word.

Awesome!
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    I am so sorry for your losses...cherish the memories of yesterday! Your strength is amazing, motivational, and inspiring to those of us on this journey of trying to master a new 'life style' change. I hope I can be as successful as you someday!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    So sorry for the loss of your brothers. You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work and the renewal of your vows!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I can't imagine going through what you're family has experienced. You are beautiful.
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    I understand deep loss, my heart aches every day, however cannot begin to imagine that pain x 3. Thank you for sharing, I really felt for you and your family, I'm very sorry. It takes incredible strength to push through that and focus on something good and healthy for yourself, congratulations you look beautiful and should feel so proud xo
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Incredible story. You look beautiful.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    amazing, amazing, amazing. You are strong and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2015
    Wow! my heart reaches out to you, and I lost my Brother at 19 and I was 26 I miss so much! and I can relate to the pain you so describe. I then read further into your post, and I lost my Sister 9 years ago from Cervical Cancer and My Mother passed within Four months later. Again my heart felt and feels your pain. I never thought my weight gain could have anything to do with my losses, but about Feb of this year I realized it did. Like you trying to grasp some happiness, and healing takes a very long time, and I'm so proud! of you, and feel like I know you. Probably because of both of us coming from large families, and losing our loved ones. Your life that was shared right here for so many of us to see, is a true inspiration for many of us to pick up the pieces and carry on like you have. You're beautiful in your wedding dress, and I can see your Brother's looking down from Heaven saying WOW! she is. I am so sorry about your loss of your loved one's and I know that you will see them again. Thank you for sharing, and bringing a special light into my life today, and realizing I'm not alone. God Bless you! and may your life be Blessed from here on with many beautiful memories for you and your husband, and children. And may you treasure the memories you had with your loved ones that passed. Congrats! on your amazing journey. Lisa
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I'm at work and this made me tear up! You are a strong woman. Kudos to you for sticking with it. You look amazing!
  • KellyGettingHealthy
    KellyGettingHealthy Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. You are truly an inspiration.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    What a beautiful story. You really are a very strong woman despite all of the sadness you have encountered.
  • madd4luke
    madd4luke Posts: 6 Member
    What an inspiration you are! So sorry for your losses!! Kudos to you for sharing your story and bringing hope to so many! You are beautiful!! :)
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    After so much loss, you triumphed! And what an inspiration you are! Thank you so much for sharing your story and giving me/us all a reason to stay on track and keep the faith!
  • Jenepher1202
    Jenepher1202 Posts: 27 Member
    A 3.5yr update
    Wow reading these comments encouraged me so much and I hope each one of you are doing well. I wanted to give an update to my story..

1/31/2019
    Here I am almost 4 years later.
    I have a big family and because of that we end up experiencing a lot of death. Since 2015 I have lost another brother(4 total), my stepmom of 25yrs, and my mother in law. It’s been rough y’all! But bc of the support of family & friends and the unending love and grace from God I’m still standing.. Here’s an update with my weight...

My weight dropped as low as 128 but that felt impossible to maintain. So I 130-138 seemed to be a good range for me. I had set a couple safety rules in place to help keep myself in check. 1. I set 145 as my a caution weight. The first two times I reached 145 I immediately went back into full calories counting mode and was able to drop it fairly quick. 2. My “red zone” weight was 155. This was reached twice since 2015. The first scared the crap outta me and like the two other attempts I was able to drop the weight fairly quick with calorie counting and working out. The 2nd time, being currently. I not only hit my “red zone” I also had promised myself I would never buy up a size in jeans. This helping me keep my self in check. Well, I reached 155+(I didn’t weigh myself until after a week of dieting) and was down to only wearing jeans that had stretch fabric.
    I knew this was coming. I’ve hovered in the area for the past 2 months but for whatever reason I couldn’t just get it “to click”. I couldn’t bring myself to making the commitment.
    In the last 4years ive noticed a habit.. I start avoiding the scale. Because if I ignore it, I can plead ignorance, right?!? Wrong! I start reaching for the yoga pants, legging/dresses vs my jeans. So I knew it was coming. I knew it needed to be done. So seeing 155 show up on scale last week after a week of dieting was enough for me! I just finished two weeks of calorie counting and 1 week of work out videos everyday, and I’m already seeing progress! This week I’m down 5lbs. still have ab 15 more lbs to go but I’m determined. A few random things I’ve learned to help stay in shape but obviously I have not perfected.

-dont ignore the scale. It’s not that you have to “live” by the number but you need to be aware of it as it’s a great guideline
    -once at goal weight.. working out is a great way to stay in shape w/o having to restrict diet as much. *this is perhaps where I fail the most. I have to say I’m just not somebody who naturally enjoys working out. I work out bc I love food. So finding unique fun ways to get a work out in is key for me.
    -moderation is key. To everything.
    -Sharing my plan with somebody or even better- starting with a friend makes me more likely to achieve my goals(and faster too). something about the accountability.

****If I mess up with a meal that doesn’t cancel the entire day. If I have an unplanned cheat day the rest of the week is not a “lost cause”. If I make bad choices for a week, that doesn’t give me the excuse to just give up on the month. Life happens. Life and food is meant to be enjoyed. So enjoy it! If u fall behind then pick yourself up and start again. Don’t make excuses. Don’t allow food to control you. But MOST importantly- DO NOT allow the scale nor the size you wear control your self worth. You are special, unique, and your body is an amazing thing- LOVE YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!!

You have got this!

• Jenepher1202
    Photos from vow renewal in 2015. One with my husband and the other with the “baby” of the family. The brother I quoted in original post. And the most recent full body photo taken in 12/2018.0167ogljylqa.jpeg
    xlqg4hmaduzk.jpeg

• Jenepher1202
    staftrbiwxja.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!