Ladies...the dreaded 'C' word

Options
Cellulite.

Why is it such a taboo subject? It is the unspoken thing that we know we all have but don't like to admit (even with friends)

But if I can't talk about it on here then where else can I talk about it?

I HATE HATE HATE it!! It will not go on the backs of my legs!

I am so self conscious of it that I used to get out of bed backwards when my ex stayed over and I have never showed a guy my bum before-EVER (Except in candle light as you can't see it then hehe :P)

Tips on removal/reduction/cleverly hiding it?

Replies

• zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Omg, I used to do the same thing re: getting out of bed backwards!!! Hahaha!

I had it on the back of my thighs as well.

Believe it or not, mine went away within about two months of healthy eating and exercising (5x/week - cardio + lifting weights). That was after losing about 5lbs, or 1/2 of my goal weight loss. So it is possible, at least for some bodies. Good luck!!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Mine went away just from diet and exercise, but it could vary from person to person
  • laurendough
    Options
    Cellulite isn't fat, it's connective tissue. Not something you can lose. I've read interviews with Jillian Michaels where she says the one thing she wishes she could change about her body is cellulite on her butt. She goes on to say that there really is nothing "natural" you can do to improve your cellulite situation, and that you just have to get over it and accept that everyone has it.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you aren't strength training those legs now...hop to it!! You need to build your leg muscles up to diminish the appearance.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I only have a little on my butt, so I don't know how to get it off the back of your thighs....
    but if its on your butt, SQUATS.
    i dont know the name of the move, but lie on your side, with the top leg bent 90 degrees in front of you, then lift repeativly.
    ITS A GOOOD BURRN, and got ride of some cellulite on my booty. : D.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    Cellulite isn't fat, it's connective tissue. Not something you can lose. I've read interviews with Jillian Michaels where she says the one thing she wishes she could change about her body is cellulite on her butt. She goes on to say that there really is nothing "natural" you can do to improve your cellulite situation, and that you just have to get over it and accept that everyone has it.

:sad:

I have heard this too, however I have heard people say you can help the appearance in some ways....
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have it on the front of my thighs instead of the back :(
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    getting a tan works for me :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think that's the one part of me that I just don't really care about. I know it's not attractive but it's either going to get better or it's not and there isn't much I can do about it. Most fit women (body builders, trainers, etc) will say that they have some. It's never been something that bothered my. My stomach fat (and other body fat) is something I can control so that's my focus.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I wish that it was pretty, because mine is here to stay.

So I will just pretend that it's pretty, and maybe some day... it will be? Probably not, but in the meantime, I am not going to suffer in jeans in the 110 degree summer.

Nope, I have cellulite and that's that. Deal with it, world. Look away if you must, but I'm wearing shorts and swimsuits, and I'm not going to feel badly about it.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    And here I thought you were talking about the word ****!
  • dingoes
    dingoes Posts: 12
    Options
    I think mine's become less noticeable lately, but it never really was noticeable I don't think. It's on my inner thighs and some on my outer thighs, and I've just stopped caring and let it do its thing. As long as it doesn't get worse, I'm okay :3
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options

:sad:

I have heard this too, however I have heard people say you can help the appearance in some ways....

Don't despair, it is connective tissue, with bulges of fat and atrophied muscle tissue exacerbating its appearance, so the appearance will be greatly diminished by toning and fat loss.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Even when I was a swimmer and worked out all the time, I couldn't get rid of it or even minimize the appearance. For me it's genetic =/
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Pfft, my damn thighs look like cottage cheese lol. Mine seems to be kind of going away on it own though as my legs get smaller. I've never tried to get rid of it before, so I have no tips for you. :|
  • Scoobies87
    Options

I realised after I posted this how it may sound. But while we are on the topic-I hate that word!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Mine is now gone exercising and healthy eating works !!!!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I realised after I posted this how it may sound. But while we are on the topic-I hate that word!

You have no idea what word I typed. It's all stars!
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    I wish that it was pretty, because mine is here to stay.

So I will just pretend that it's pretty, and maybe some day... it will be? Probably not, but in the meantime, I am not going to suffer in jeans in the 110 degree summer.

Nope, I have cellulite and that's that. Deal with it, world. Look away if you must, but I'm wearing shorts and swimsuits, and I'm not going to feel badly about it.

That is a great way of thinking! :) I only wish I could think the same! I wouldn't mind if it was only a little but it is very bad!! (once I was wearing leggings and you could see the dimples through them!!!)

It really gets me down in the summer (One positive about not having a summer in England haha!)