Help me!!!

Options
I just started trying to lose weight again, I started at 198 and now I’m 202.

Has anyone had this issue where dieting backfires on you?

I just started incorporating fiber (chia seeds, flax meal, ) into my diet to try to stay fuller but it’s stopped me up pretty much.

How many calories should I be eating a day?

I’m lost.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How many calories did this website give you?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This thread is written by a personal trainer who is very knowledgeable. If you do the things he lays out, you'll be on your way!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • smarziii
    smarziii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So MFP saying my target is 1200 for 2 pounds a week
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    smarziii wrote: »

PLUS any exercise calories (and that was probably also because you put the lowest activity level which is more or less bed ridden).

You can also start with 1lb/week to give you more wiggle room.

Get a food scale, start weighing all foods other than liquids. liquids use measuring spoons/cups.

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options

How much do you have to lose? 4lbs could easily be in the realm of fluctuation and not actual fat gain.
  • smarziii
    Options
    @MichelleSilverleaf I'm 200 so I have about 40 to lose ....I'm ure its not actual fat gain, I havent been eating crazy, I just cant get the scale to go down!!!

• quiksylver296
    Options
    @MichelleSilverleaf I'm 200 so I have about 40 to lose ....I'm ure its not actual fat gain, I havent been eating crazy, I just cant get the scale to go down!!!

How many calories are you eating?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This thread is written by a personal trainer who is very knowledgeable. If you do the things he lays out, you'll be on your way!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• smarziii
    Options
    @Panini911 Bought one yesterday! I'm going to use it this weekend when meal prepping!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I ate 1900 yesterday because i am trash lol

You're not trash, but if you're eating almost 1000 calories over your goal, yes, that means you're not going to lose weight. The deficit needed for 2 pounds a week would be 1000, so you pretty much negated that.

Would you be willing to open your diary so people can help you?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Your constipation is contributing a little to the weight gain since the extra waste in your system has weight. Try cutting back on the new foods that made you constipated, and if you want to eat more fiber, increase your fiber intake slowly instead of all at once.
  • smarziii
    Options
    @collectingblues yes i made it public
  • smarziii
    Options
    @apullum, good idea, my body probably wasn't ready for that
  • smarziii
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I ate 1900 yesterday because i am trash lol

Reading this just made me sad. Overeating on your diet is not a moral issue and you don't trash if you didn't have 100% adherence for one day, a week or even forever.

Weight loss is a process and for many of us, it's a big learning process. It isn't always easy to eat at a deficit.

You haven't said how tall you are, but 1200 calories per day may be too low for you. I'm currently losing at 1550 and that is sometimes difficult for me. You may need to drop the amount you are losing each week so that you can eat a bit more.

As far as not losing yet, are you weighing solid foods and semi-solid foods with a food scale? Have you started a new exercise routine? Lastly how long ago did you begin your deficit? Sometimes it takes a few weeks until a person's weight starts to shift

Yeah, I think maybe that's the cycle I'm in. Trying to eat so little and end up starving and bingeing.

I've been lifting weights and running for about 6 months. I've lost about 5 inches on my waist but NOTHING on the scale. It's driving me insane.

I do have a food scale that I'm going to use more diligently, just bought it.

I JUST started again deficit. How long do you think it should take to see a difference, so that if im doing the wrong thing I can correct it?

I'm 5'4