Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is counting calories all wrong?

Options
123457»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I can't edit my posts right now, but that should say inherent in way of eating/beliefs about weight loss.
  • FitFamilyGuy
    FitFamilyGuy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A week and a half is not long enough to draw a general trend or determine the efficacy of a diet. Water weight easily masks fat loss in the short term. I have a 5 lb range.

I've changed the way I eat over the course of 8 years of food logging, with activity levels and exercise regiments ranging from sedentary, to lifting weights, to 60+ MPW of running over that time. I followed different macro nutrient mixes and calorie goals over that time according to what my goals were as I went through a bulk/cut while trying to build strength to cutting down my weight to my running race weight. The only constant thing I've done in that time is meticulously and honestly track my food and exercise and use a food scale to be honest with my portions. My weight has tracked right along with my calorie intake.

pjjialggiazb.png

Agreed!
    My differences to what you say. 26 years or experiments and staying very fit. Tracked weight and calories really well for about 3 of 5 years.
    Hormonal effects play a role but it seems much, much less of a role than energy balance. I really wonder why there is a big debate. That's my opinion backing up yours anyway.