Is flavored, sparkling water even worth logging?

Options
I'm looking at the back of this can of La Croix (actually, it's a supermarket knock off brand) and it's basically straight 0's down the nutritional facts. Is there any reason to both entering these into MFP? I wouldn't think they'd affect anything.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    nah
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    No.

Side note: I just bought a soda stream (trying to reduce my “single-use” consumption). And it’s been a splendid way to get sparkling water and I get a rebate at Target when I need more CO2.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i dont log it in the food section, i count that stuff as liquids, so i put it in the specific water tracking thing
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't log plain tea (hot or cold) or water either. Generally don't bother with the occasional diet soda or Ice either
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything without calories. I'm not sure what would be the point.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    nickheidke wrote: »
    I'm looking at the back of this can of La Croix (actually, it's a supermarket knock off brand) and it's basically straight 0's down the nutritional facts. Is there any reason to both entering these into MFP? I wouldn't think they'd affect anything.

Unless you also use your water tracker, no.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    if it's zero cal, I don't log it
  • earlnabby
    Options
    lin_be wrote: »
    No.

Side note: I just bought a soda stream (trying to reduce my “single-use” consumption). And it’s been a splendid way to get sparkling water and I get a rebate at Target when I need more CO2.

I have had my SodaStream for about 4 years now and love it. It took about a year for the machine to pay for itself and now I am saving about 50% of the cost of buying canned seltzer and don't have to deal with lugging cases into the house or empty cans to my recycling bin.

Do you flavor at all? If so, the best thing to use is extract. I have lemon, lime, grapefruit, and cranberry extract I use. It takes about 1/4 tsp to flavor a liter bottle and adds no calories. They cost about $5 for a 4 oz bottle which will flavor about 100 liters of seltzer.

I bought a second CO2 bottle. That way I am never without my seltzer. When I run out, I can take my time getting over to Ace Hardware to exchange it.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i don't. nor my coffee or tea (I DO log the milk that goes IN the coffee/tea but not the coffee/tea)
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    No.

I have had my SodaStream for about 4 years now and love it. It took about a year for the machine to pay for itself and now I am saving about 50% of the cost of buying canned seltzer and don't have to deal with lugging cases into the house or empty cans to my recycling bin.

Do you flavor at all? If so, the best thing to use is extract. I have lemon, lime, grapefruit, and cranberry extract I use. It takes about 1/4 tsp to flavor a liter bottle and adds no calories. They cost about $5 for a 4 oz bottle which will flavor about 100 liters of seltzer.

I bought a second CO2 bottle. That way I am never without my seltzer. When I run out, I can take my time getting over to Ace Hardware to exchange it.

Where do you get the extracts?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I don't log water or LaCroix or coffee or tea (both of which I drink with nothing added).
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No.

I've thought about getting a Soda Stream...mainly because I really want to make carbonated coffee. Has anyone tried that? Is that a thing? :D
  • earlnabby
    Options
    oldsoul918 wrote: »
    No.

I've thought about getting a Soda Stream...mainly because I really want to make carbonated coffee. Has anyone tried that? Is that a thing? :D

Haven't heard of that but you should know that you can only carbonate water, anything else has to be added to the already fizzy water.
  • earlnabby
    edited January 2019
    Options
    carakirkey wrote: »
    No.

Where do you get the extracts?

Basic flavors like lemon and orange can be bought at any grocery store. You will get some other flavors at a baking supply shop. I mail order mine from Olive Nation https://olivenation.com/extracts-flavorings.html I bought 4 oz bottles and droppers for the bottles. Lime and cranberry are 2 flavors I refilled with 8oz bottles and pour into the 4 oz dropper bottle
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont log 0 calories drinks
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I log it under ‘Water.’
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I only log the sparkling water/water enhancers typically if it has calories. The Aldi brand has ten calories which isn't much in the log run, but since I am trying to tighten up my logging it helps to make sure I'm being accountable.

Typically if I can't find a certain water enhancer in the system & I don't feel like entering it in the database I'll just quick add calorie.

I have a separate section in my food diary for water enhancers/sodas/multivitamins.
  • nose6
    nose6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oldsoul918 wrote: »

It's "a thing" to mix seltzer with cold brew coffee concentrate. I've tried it with a few flavors and so far I liked it best with orange flavored seltzer.