Low carbs high fat

Options
Has anyone followed this type of eating? I’m trying to get my head round it. Been told to base it on less than 25g a day of carbs. More than 150g of fats with a lower protein. Any advise would be great thanks.

Replies

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this diet too ,so I joined a Keto diet group.I also get information from the nets. I eat 75% good fat, 20% protein and 5 % carbs. I eat more than my BMR calories but less than my TDEE calories.How much you eat depend on your weight. So, I eat 1200 cal a day,Fat 100 g, carbs 15-20 g,sugar 20 g,protein 60-63 g & fiber 25 g .I lost 2.8 kg in 2 weeks.I hope this help.🥑🥗
  • beast_kitty89
    beast_kitty89 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LCHF diet? I have tried this. It made me ill due to what I later found out to be gastroparesis. The high fat part was hard for me to handle. However, I think this diet is a good one. You fill up more with fat and protein than carbs. Try making fat bombs, bullet coffee and cooking in fat. Pinterest can be a great place for recipes. :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    LCHF is usually anything under 100g of carbs (some say even as high as 150g). Under 25g would be considered keto I think. Either way, they will help you lose weight if eating that way helps you stick to your calorie goal - in other words if you are comfortable eating a higher fat diet, have no medical conditions that would make eating high fat a bad idea, and if you find fats filling. There's a group here where you might get more info:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

I don't find fatty foods satiating and feel better eating higher carb, so I've never done it. Good luck!
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is the best!! :)
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    True KETO is hardcore high fat and low/no carbs. Hard to maintain. You might try eliminating sugar instead. Sugar is your enemy. It will take two/three weeks of withdrawal but you should notice the cravings for sweets will go away and you will feel more full after a modest meal of meats and vegetables, with a little fruit now and then. With a diminished appetite you won't want to eat as much as you did before. And since you will be eating healthy fresh foods you can easily maintain eating this way when you reach your goal. Go to your favorite box store or pharmacy and pick up a glucose meter ($25 -$35). Test your blood glucose level before and after (1 hr) every meal. See how your levels react after eating different foods. Carbs will elevate glucose levels. See how different foods effect you. Avoid the ones that spike your glucose levels. The higher the spike, the lower the crash and then comes the craving for more stuff to eat. This leads to a binging cycle. You can get all the carbs and sugar you need from fruits and vegetables. Stay away from any prepared/packaged food and stick with fresh.