PIDD or other Immunodeficiencies

Options
Anybody else here have an immune deficiency disorder? I have been on immunoglobulin (Hizentra) for several years now. Sometimes it seems like the side effects of the treatment impact my weight loss journey.

Replies

• mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with Hypogammaglobulinemia (PIDD). Started on IgG Replacement Therapy (HIZENTRA) in July of 2017. It has been a struggle the last three years to just stay out of the hospital. Pneumonia, Sepsis, E-coli, Flu, Chronic Bronchitis, Congestive Heart Failure, Stage 2 Renal Failure, Gastroparesis, and the list goes on. I am trying to first stay well enough to stay at home and out of the Hospital. Second trying to become healthier by exercise and diet and having a stress free life. Wanting to be healthy and able to loss some weight and possibly eliminate some medications and feel better and lower my blood pressure. Anything to just feel well and be able to enjoy life and my family.

I am taking Infusions weekly, taking about two hours to administer. I guess this will be for the rest of my life.
    Sometimes the reactions to the HIZENTRA are minimal and other times there are severe red itchy whelps and generally feeling bad. Any ideas on how to make the situation a more tolerable one?