Eating back those exercise calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thanks for your messages guys! I am going to weigh in next week, see what the figures say and what my rate is for weight loss then decide whether I need to look closer at logging/eating more etc.. I am liking the routine I have now and feel good so fingers crossed I don't crash. Plus I like the idea of not eating my exercise calories back so if I do have a treat on the weekend (maybe a dessert or a meal out) I know I have some room to play form what I have saved during the week. But by all means, as soon as I feel like I am about to "crash" with my energy levels, not wanting to train then I definitely will eat more as I have burnt myself out before when training for the Marathon and not eating enough - it wasn't pleasant!!!

Only time will tell! Will keep you all updated. Does anyone else do IF? I do occasionally have Protein shakes when I have heavy training days and not enough protein from my food intake, but I don't have them everyday, I find that they make me feel very bloated!

I use to have really unrealistic goals when I first started my journey but now I am aware that good things take time, dedication & some patience! love listening to everyone's stories on here! :)
  • cyclefaster
    cyclefaster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Super. I've just done my TDEE. I have to eat 2,547 calories to maintain. So 2,047 to lose a pound a week for me. Pretty much where I am without eating the exercise calories. I'll cautiously up my calories on a day that I do hard workouts. It still seems like a lot to me but I am tired so does make sense.

I'm going out for sushi tomorrow so that should wipe you most of my under fueling.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I don't regularly do it, but every once in a while if I wanted a little more to eat in a day I would use them up.
  • luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What did you use to calculate your TDEE? I always feel that over 2000k is LOADS of food for me, but I think perhaps 1600-1800 would be more ideal for me long term once I have lost this extra bit of weight that I am carrying. I have found when calculating my TDEE I end up with a few different results depending what I use.
  • cyclefaster
    cyclefaster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used this: https://tdeecalculator.net

I feel like 2000 is loads of food too but I'll stick to it and see how it goes. I would like to get more scientific about my diet so that I can keep track of my weight when I go back to endurance exercise. I need to be much more honest with myself when I have rest days so I don't eat back the calories that I've expended.