Gym trainers/Knowledgable people. HELP!

Options
Okay, this will be the last post I will put on here but I just want to clarify how I was working out at them gym. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I would workout my lower body. Tuesdays I would work out back and biceps, Thursdays would be chest and triceps. if I was in the mood to workout Saturdays I would do shoulders and HIIT. I know most of you know that my goal here is to lose weight and retain the muscle I have right now because I don't want to result in getting skinny fat. I want a nice shape while I am losing the weight. I enjoy how I workout but I am going to be honest, I have NEVER been consistent with my routine. Some times I don't go for a full month and I get back at it again which I know is wrong and won't get me the results I am looking for.
Do you all personally think if I increase weight overtime and eat the right amount of calories I will notice a difference? I WILL for sure increase weight, and right everything down because I am never consistent but I want this to be my year. I just want to know what you all think, educate me and give me more knowledge.
Is it necessary to follow a strength program or is my way of doing it correct for results?
I am being as specific and honest as I can.
I HAVE not tracked calories and I have not been on a calorie deficit (correctly) really never.
So, any good advice would be great!
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So you changed your mind about following an actual program then? :huh: :noway:
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. :yawn:

🙂
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    You have to be consistent and hit areas more than once a week. Full body 3x week would be significantly better.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    JanetReyna wrote: »

No, but I wasn’t being too specific on how I was working out and how I wasn’t consistent enough. Like to be honest, I’ve never been consistent with that workout plan so I don’t really know if I could get results or not.

You will get nothing without consistency. You will not lose weight, you will not have a body composition you want. Both of those things require dedication and work.

I know, I'm just being honest it's hard to be consistent at times and have motivation but I am determined I can reach my goals this year, I just want to be more knowledgable at the gym and with strength training.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    You have to be consistent and hit areas more than once a week. Full body 3x week would be significantly better.

OP has been told that numerous times in her other threads

I know I have, I am not really here to get motivated I know no one can motivate me if it doesn't come within myself to get on my ***. I just wanted to be more specific on how I was training with weights.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    There’s already a ton of great advice here. The only other thing would be to hire a coach to take you through the process.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    don't try and go to low in your calories track how many your eat now! if 3400 start to lower it to 3000 then 2800 this way hope you will stay at it! And be consistent going to the gym 3 or 4 days per week .No one can do this for you.
  • JanetReyna
    Options

No, but I wasn’t being too specific on how I was working out and how I wasn’t consistent enough. Like to be honest, I’ve never been consistent with that workout plan so I don’t really know if I could get results or not.

You will get nothing without consistency. You will not lose weight, you will not have a body composition you want. Both of those things require dedication and work.

I know, I'm just being honest it's hard to be consistent at times and have motivation but I am determined I can reach my goals this year, I just want to be more knowledgable at the gym and with strength training.

Fine. Do something like Starting Strength 3x per week. Accurately log your caloric intake. Make both a habit, and you'll see results. If you want to be more knowledgeable, then do what you've been advised instead of hoping someone will come along and say whatever it is that you want to hear.

I understand how hard it can be to stick to a routine and create that habit - I've had more than my share of starts and stops. But if you *actually* want to achieve the things you're talking about, you HAVE to put on your Adult pants and create the habits that will allow you to achieve those goals. Motivation is fleeting. Create habits and don't allow yourself to get out of them.

Agh, especially tougher when you have a boyfriend that loves going out to eat, and OMG I love going out to have dinner and eating dessert. It is really difficult to stay on track. I'm hispanic and we go to Mexico every weekend and agh, raspas, tacos, everything gets to my cravings I swear. Staying consistent has been harder than ever for me, especially tracking every single thing I eat. I really wish I could just magically have the body of my dreams without putting so much work into it, lmfao. But again, I know that is and will never be realistic. Thanks for helping, I really do appreciate it :) God bless, and have an amazing weekend.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    There’s already a ton of great advice here. The only other thing would be to hire a coach to take you through the process.

Pshttt, I would hire anyone ASAP.
    Unfortunately, I feel like the trainer at my gym doesn't have too much knowledge.
    He won in a body composition and trust me, he has an amazing physique, but he only ate tilapia and vegetables while being in the process to compete and I feel he might now really know how to train myself.
    I do gotta say though, the guys he trains are starting to get cut and muscles.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Everything is hard. Life isn't *easy* or *quick*.

If you want a goal, you actually have to stick to it. Not just for an hour, or a day, or a week. Actual months and years.

Or you can just sit back and whine about how hard everything is. That's just as hard. Unless you like slamming your head into a wall.

Pick your hard.
  • JanetReyna
    Options

If you want a goal, you actually have to stick to it. Not just for an hour, or a day, or a week. Actual months and years.

Or you can just sit back and whine about how hard everything is. That's just as hard. Unless you like slamming your head into a wall.

Pick your hard.

Exactly. As they say.
    Day one, or one day.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Pshttt, I would hire anyone ASAP.
    Unfortunately, I feel like the trainer at my gym doesn't have too much knowledge.
    He won in a body composition and trust me, he has an amazing physique, but he only ate tilapia and vegetables while being in the process to compete and I feel he might now really know how to train myself.
    I do gotta say though, the guys he trains are starting to get cut and muscles.

The trainer doesn't have to give you a meal plan. Competing is a completely different thing; I doubt he'd give a meal plan like that if you are not competing. As for the "I feel he might not know how to train me", that is a huge assumption.
    Seems your biggest problem is consistency, so hiring a trainer to motivate you for a while and knowing you'd have to make it to your personal training appointments could be beneficial for you.
    That said, learning how to be consistent on your own would be good, unless you'd want to pay for personal training for years to come.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Pick your hard.

Exactly. As they say.
    Day one, or one day.

Then DO SOMETHING about it.