What does this question mean?

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hi I am applying for a job online. I have a learning disability and sometimes it is hard to interpret questions.

The question is as following.
Experience of providing an administrative service to a wide range of service users

If you could help then that would be great.

Thank you.

Replies

• RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    What is the job?
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    What is the job?

The job is a clerical assistant role.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    Have you had experience in a previous role, doing a similar job?
    What clientele would you be working with?
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Have you had experience in a previous role, doing a similar job?
    What clientele would you be working with?

I have administration experience of working in a passport office and medical office.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    The job is for a credit union company. I dont have clerical assistant experience.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    They want you to provide examples of the work you have previously done within those roles.
    Be specific. Take ownership of your achievements. And demonstrate that you have worked with various clientele groups. Give examples, but without breaching confidentiality.
    They basically want to know that you can be versatile within the role and adapt to working with different groups of people.
    That's my understanding of it anyway. Hope that helps 🙂
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    They want you to provide examples of the work you have previously done within those roles.
    Be specific. Take ownership of your achievements. And demonstrate that you have worked with various clientele groups. Give examples, but without breaching confidentiality.
    They basically want to know that you can be versatile within the role and adapt to working with different groups of people.
    That's my understanding of it anyway. Hope that helps 🙂

So they are asking of what experience I have working in office environment. I dont have any experience working clientele groups.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    edited February 2019
    Options
    A credit union company will be customer facing? Have you done that before?
    Who have you provided a service to in your pervious roles? Or was it purely data entry?
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    A credit union company will be customer facing? Have you done that before?
    Who have you provided a service to in your pervious roles? Or was it purely data entry?

I have experience of working in a delivery role. I deal with customers. The office experience I have is entry roles, it was basically office junior roles.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Could I say in a passport officer job, I provided a service to people who were applying for passport reneweal a good prompt service by being timely and efficent. I provided patients in my medical office a great service by ensuring all pateients information were promply given to the doctor thus saving time.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    Yes that seems like it would demonstrate your ability to work with different groups of people. Quite often employers want to know the challenges you faced and how you overcame and adapted to them also. It's useful to provide specific examples of deadlines and time management skills, and also if you've experienced service users who you may have had to mediate their expectations or manage conflict.
    Sorry if I'm giving you too much information here, I'm just trying to cover all bases.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Yes that seems like it would demonstrate your ability to work with different groups of people. Quite often employers want to know the challenges you faced and how you overcame and adapted to them also. It's useful to provide specific examples of deadlines and time management skills, and also if you've experienced service users who you may have had to mediate their expectations or manage conflict.
    Sorry if I'm giving you too much information here, I'm just trying to cover all bases.

So I should also put in my delivery driver customer experience as well or just stick with the admin experience?
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    I would say that's not relevant as the question specifically asks for you to document administrative experience.