FEEL LIKE GIVING UP

Options
2»

Replies

• 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hope you didn't give up! I've had those days too, it isn't easy. There's only one surefire way to ensure failure= giving up. So, stick with it! You can do this! Sometimes, you gotta just take it one day at a time, any more than that is overwhelming and that's ok. The community is here for support.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug for my own thread from a couple of years ago:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478105/feeling-like-youre-ready-to-give-up/p1

Don't give up, OP! We all stumble and fall, sometimes many times, along the way. You don't fail unless you don't get up again.

It's not an easy journey, even for those who only have a few pounds to lose. And none of us are perfect! Just try to aim for more "good days" than "bad days" (and I'm talking in terms of your calorie goal, not the type of foods you eat), and you'll get there in the end.

(For the record, I've been here since January 2016. I've lost most of the weight I wanted to lose (70lbs so far), but I still have 10-12lbs to go and the last few are a struggle. MFP gives me the tools I need to succeed, I just need to use them consistently! :) )
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Shameless plug for my own thread from a couple of years ago:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478105/feeling-like-youre-ready-to-give-up/p1

Don't give up, OP! We all stumble and fall, sometimes many times, along the way. You don't fail unless you don't get up again.

It's not an easy journey, even for those who only have a few pounds to lose. And none of us are perfect! Just try to aim for more "good days" than "bad days" (and I'm talking in terms of your calorie goal, not the type of foods you eat), and you'll get there in the end.

(For the record, I've been here since January 2016. I've lost most of the weight I wanted to lose (70lbs so far), but I still have 10-12lbs to go and the last few are a struggle. MFP gives me the tools I need to succeed, I just need to use them consistently! :) )

Thanks for reminding me of this, Sue! I can't believe I didn't have it bookmarked. Definitely will be linking it on other threads :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Thanks for reminding me of this, Sue! I can't believe I didn't have it bookmarked. Definitely will be linking it on other threads :)

*gasp!* You didn't bookmark it?!?! How could you?! ;)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »

*gasp!* You didn't bookmark it?!?! How could you?! ;)

I know... it's shameful :D
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! We've all hit that plateau and wanted to give up. It's OK if you take a day, and readjust your goals. <3