Wat do I do? (Struggling to lose weight)

Options
2»

Replies

• brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I feel you. A couple of things I do (I had a baby shower today that I hosted and had similar struggles) ...

1) Purposefully don’t eat as much or anything before the party so your calories pretty much are derived from the food at the party.

2) Set aside some of the food you are dying to eat and allocate for tomorrow’s lunch or your snack in two days, etc. Sometimes I am just excited to eat all this food that I rarely get to eat so I binge! But if I know I will have access to it for tomorrow’s lunch or whatever, I’m okay with being conservative.
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Several here have already given great advice. One of the best things that I have gleamed, I'm an emotional eater also, is BE KIND TO YOURSELF. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do because the negative committee that meets in our head has a strong voice! We beat ourselves up when we've had a "off the bandwagon" day but the best you can do is dust it off and start again because at least you're starting again! You can do this! This is a great place for motivation and support, feel free to add me, we're all in this together.
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I binged a lot in high school and some in college. I had the all-or-nothing mentality and saw food as either good or bad. Then I saw myself as good or bad, depending upon what I ate.

My relationship with food is so much healthier now that I understand it's all just energy (calories) and different foods simply have more calories than others, meaning, high-calorie foods aren't bad, but they take a bigger chunk out of your daily calorie allowance. I'm not advocating unhealthy eating, but technically, you can eat anything in the world and you will still lose if you're in a calorie deficit.

Realizing that science has empowered me and changed my life. Eating "junk" does not mean I'm bad, and eating salad doesn't mean I'm good. It's all just food and it's there to be enjoyed in moderation.

• rnwclark84
    rnwclark84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Speak to people when your losing confidence and it makes it easier to get it back if i think im going somewhere where i might end up binging i fill my stomach with water and im too full to eat
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a challenging weekend ahead. work out each day to burn as many extra calories as you can. Eat super lean and light all day and save your calories for the events. Bring a good tasting dish to each party..you could even bring halo top ice cream or a low calorie pice of cake to eat at your mom's party. try to plan ahead.

I've been planning my super bowl low cal. enchilada casserole all week so I don't get tripped up at the super bowl party tomorrow. You can do this. :)
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have been diligent with meeting my calorie goals, but this weekend was a trip out of town and no way was I going to deny myself the local best eats! No tracking, really. I had the pizza, cheese fries, milkshakes and burgers, but I didn't over do it on portions. Plus, we did a lot of walking. After 4 days I came back weighing 1/2 pound more. I got right back to my calorie goal, and drank a lot of water/hot tea. The very next day, I weighed 1 1/2 pounds less.

The point is, a couple days of indulgence is not going to ruin it completely. Try to stick to your goals, but if you need to indulge try to aim for maintenance calories. That way you're not "undoing" anything.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Sparkle097 wrote: »
    Thank u everyone for ur advices💗 I just need to eat these things in moderate. Hopefully I’ll lose 20 pounds end of April.

You want to lose 20 pounds by the end of April? That's only 5 weeks! That will set you up for this:

f899aqcf74cq.jpg
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Maybe enter the food you are planning to eat into your MyFitness app 1st, and then if you still want to eat it, go ahead... at least you will be accountable, and this my help you control eating the entire bag of chips, vs just a few.

I like this idea. I find entering my food for the day helps. It allows me to account for whats left. I get parties are really hard to avoid. Plan a work out for each of those days, not a punishing one, just one that lets you burn calories and reduce the impact of the junk food there. It won't erase the food you've eaten, but will help lessen the impact or increase for your weight loss. my weakness is cake. show me a cake and I'm gone. I feel horrendous afterwards, (the sugar!!) But I know that I don't do parties every day either, much of my weeks are the same so the occasion back to back just means, for a week or two my scales will be up but ill loose it in time, just not as much time as I'd like.

ITs hard and I totally sympathise.