Help with low carb diet

Options
I recently a few days ago made a switch to low carb while increasing fats. My protein is about 40 fat 35 and carb 25. I have a hard time eating my daily colories now. I feel so satiated while i still need 300 more calories. Is this normal or is my body just not used to all the fat?

Replies

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It is common among a lot of people who switch to low carb diets. In my experience (though I was higher fat) it would vary from day to day. Some days I went over, other days I found that I didn't experience much hunger. Not everyone has this result though.
  • kimberhm
    kimberhm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The beauty of this approach is that an increased fat intake does keep one sated longer, which makes it easier to limit intake.
    I’ve just completed month 4 of shifting to lower carb intake. I’m still learning. It took 6-8 weeks before my body, appetite, and energy levels adjusted.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago trying to keep my carbs at 5%. During the first few days, I had 2 or 3 days of less than 1300 calories because I just wasn't hungry for more. Since then I've started paying closer attention to getting all my protein and fat in a day and to keeping carbs low. In my particular case, it's helpful to have canned sardines in oil because that can increase fat and protein with 0 carbs, and it's helpful to have a small batch of fat bombs ready as that can increase fat without protein or carbs. Also, olives are handy, as that's 100% fat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It's pretty common :) try to make sure you are getting enough protein, otherwise enjoy it while it lasts.