Road to model body

Options
2»

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    lpgjg wrote: »
    Please post a similar pic as your before pictures but holding something with today's date on it. It'll remove all doubt when the time comes in a month.

Naah, I reckon he’ll just suck his gut in instead of pushing it out.

• transposefitness
    transposefitness Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think he’s got this.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    In for the 1 month update
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm excited to see the change! I've found fasting once or twice a week (just liquids or one small meal at night) can really help.

Everyone's different, I think it's more realistic to focus on inches lost or muscle gained rather than weight on a scale.

I like your BIG goal. ...whether it's reachable or not. I think pushing yourself for a month is a great start!

Unfortunately some people push themselves for a month into passing out, exercise injuries, and binge restrict cycles because they don't understand how weight loss works and think reaching an impossible goal is some kind of test of their worthiness, but sure.

OP, literally no one ever got a "model body" in one month. If you are really serious about your goal, you should be willing to put in the work and time.

Ah didn't think of it that way.. someone pushing themselves into an unhealthy relationship with diet and exercise. Wouldn't want to encourage that. Thanks for your input! I honestly don't know enough about how weight-loss works to have an opinion on his 30lb goal, I just figured it was a goal to kickstart an ambition to workout and eat better. Shouldn't assume though..

TBH I don't think OP is really serious anyway, because that # is literally impossible considering he's not obese. But for lurkers I just think it's important to offset all the unrealistic expectations people get from the weight loss industry. People feel defeated when they try to do what they see on Biggest Loser or some fake Insta person and give up all the time. One lb per week is a realistic goal for most people, IMHO why not shoot for a goal you can actually reach. Welcome to the forum BTW :drinker:

I'm much less concerned with what the OP's game might be as I am the (thankfully few) "rah-rah" posts. :/
  • HairyBeast25
    HairyBeast25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    B)
  • jacquiann1
    jacquiann1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why must you get it done in a month ?
  • HairyBeast25
    HairyBeast25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jacquiann1 wrote: »
    Why must you get it done in a month ?

i like to challenge myself even if people think its impossible

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Yall. It's just weight loss. Plus, he's a dude. Most guys I know are like, "hmmm..I'll give up beer and eat a salad a few times a week..." 30 lbs gone. Dont be so serious. :)

Did you see any of the posts pointing out the actual maths of this? He’s leading people to believe that something impossible may be possible, and in doing so encouraging incredibly unhealthy behaviours and expectations in people who don’t know any better.

Personally, I think the health implications of trying to eat -1000 kcal a day are quite serious.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.