The last 10lbs / Plateau? / Strength training? HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You know about toning sometimes your body will go down in size but not weight! But up your workout intensity. You may look at sprinting run / spin bike . Drink water and maybe look at adding extra veggie of fruit to your diet. Most likely you can not maintain at this level??? so don't be afraid to come back up to weight. Like some cut down for summer or for a show.
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I haven’t read what anyone else said but this is how it is.

You obviously know how to lose weight as you’ve been doing for so long and successfully as well. So you don’t need advice on that part.

To get out of this plateau just have to have ONE day of over eating of about 200-300 calories above Maintenance. Then go back to your deficit. Trust me this works. Make sure it’s only ONE day of the surplus and only 200-300 above maintenance. This will reset your body. Your body doesn’t wanna keep being in a state of weight loss. Over eating one day will reset this.

You usually need this once every 2-3 weeks when you plateau. Trust me try it. [/quote]

I dont know why you got wooed.. I have been doing this without realising since I started dieting.. It doesnt mean you have to start downing cheeseburgers, just add more toppings or some extra fruit or an omelette.. It stopped most of my cravings and I never hit a plateau.. In fact, i have already reset my GW to a lower number..

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    As far as strength training is concerned, mucking out stalls and carrying water is strength training. It's not a fully balanced workout, but I can guarantee you're hitting the same muscles you would use in a "farmer's carry"! You don't have to be in a gym to be getting benefits from activity.

If there are certain parts of your body you want to target for the purpose of growing muscle or becoming stronger, you can add some strength training. You won't see much in the way of results unless you target the same muscles at least twice a week.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    @TavistockToad So increase my calories to break the plateau?

Take a diet break/refeed (raise your calories to maintenance) for a brief period. This thread explains why, how to do it and the benefits.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

After your diet break is over, reduce your deficit to .5 rate of loss and be patient.

eta: Any strength training you add is always good, preferably 3 x a week total body would be more optimal and beneficial, but you can start out with 2 x a time a week and see that how works out.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

I second the diet break suggestion.

Shoveling horse poop is kind of strength training just not in the traditional sense lol. If you can stick in a couple of full body workouts per week then give that a go.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and these last few kilos? super hard to lose... I fight with them all the time LOL
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, all your advice has been really helpful. Did my first strength training session yesterday and feel great. Think I will focus on that for a while and not be too conscious of what the scale says, I've put my rate of loss to 1lb per week and going to transition down to 0.5 per week in another 2 weeks time.
  • LaurenMT96
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the useful advice, I upped my cals and now down to 171 incorporating strength training and adjusting my macros to 40/35/25 :)
  • LaurenMT96
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the useful advice, I upped my cals and now down to 171 incorporating strength training and adjusting my macros to 40/35/25 :) Goal weight should be just around the corner!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Also, a suggestion to plan your meals out for the week and prep on Sunday. That way you just have to come home and eat and relax.
  • chromilo
    chromilo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How many times did you post this?!

I posted it in Motivation, General Health & Bodybuilding to try and get some different opinions as there's a few different questions in my post.

It's actually against t's and c's to post multiple times about the same thing.

Oh Sorry i hadn't taken the time to read the T's and C's, you must have lots of free time! I'm jealous ! Don't report me :wink: Just trying to get some advice...

Lol