Understanding relationship between Total Calories (kcal) and Total Carbs (g)

Options
So far today, my Total Calories is 722 and Total Carbs is 29. I am trying to calculate the % of my total carbs to total calories, bit of problem doing the formula. I know there are 4 calories in 1 gram, so total Carb calories would be 29 x 4 = 116. Would the correct formula be 116/722, the result being 16.06%, i.e. 16% of my 722 calories is 16%? Thanks

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    The formula is correct. But unless you are under medical direction to be having such a restricted calorie intake (and medical oversight while you're doing so), focusing on eating more is way more important than worrying about what percentage of your calories are from carbs.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on eating more than 722 calories today I hope?
  • no1texan
    no1texan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes. These were only the totals through part of the day, using just to get the formula down right. Also I have a very good/experienced cardiologist who follows what I am doing. Just attended a great seminar by the doctor and his staff last Wednesday night. Thanks for your reply.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    no1texan wrote: »
    Yes. These were only the totals through part of the day, using just to get the formula down right. Also I have a very good/experienced cardiologist who follows what I am doing. Just attended a great seminar by the doctor and his staff last Wednesday night. Thanks for your reply.

The app gives you a breakdown of your macros by %