Just curious...All you 5'3'' women, what is your goal weight?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    135, but I’m old.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,706 MFP Moderator
    I'd like to wear size 6 pants. Experience says I'll likely see the scale below 130 for that to happen, but I don't really care what the scales says as much as the number on the tag inside my waistband.

Sew in a new tag, then. Job done. :smiley::smiley:
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I'm in maintenance at 5'3 and hover between 115-120. My sizes vary from a 2 to a (skirt I have on today) 12! Please don't place any stock in sizes. They really don't mean anything. The 12 has some room, but is definitely not hanging off me.

+1 and that's why I made the joke above. ;) My closet has everything from a medium to a 2X and I don't care what the tag says. I go based on how the clothes fit and look, and over time I've learned which size from which brand seems to fit best. :)

If you're interested in the history of vanity sizing and how it warps our brains, check out Wikipedia and this Time article. TheTime article has pics and graphics to illustrate how sizing has changed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing
    http://time.com/how-to-fix-vanity-sizing/
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    I'd like to wear size 6 pants. Experience says I'll likely see the scale below 130 for that to happen, but I don't really care what the scales says as much as the number on the tag inside my waistband.

Sew in a new tag, then. Job done. :smiley::smiley:
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I'm in maintenance at 5'3 and hover between 115-120. My sizes vary from a 2 to a (skirt I have on today) 12! Please don't place any stock in sizes. They really don't mean anything. The 12 has some room, but is definitely not hanging off me.

+1 and that's why I made the joke above. ;) My closet has everything from a medium to a 2X and I don't care what the tag says. I go based on how the clothes fit and look, and over time I've learned which size from which brand seems to fit best. :)

If you're interested in the history of vanity sizing and how it warps our brains, check out Wikipedia and this Time article. TheTime article has pics and graphics to illustrate how sizing has changed:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing
    http://time.com/how-to-fix-vanity-sizing/

I recognize all of that. I have 2 pairs of jeans. They are identical in style and fit. They are the same brand as the last batch of jeans I wore, and as close to the same style and fit as I could find. I'd like to first fit back into the size 8 model, then pursue the size 6 of them. I also have a drawer full of pants in assorted sizes that don't necessarily conform in size to the numbers on the labels. I see more value in what the tape measure says than the scale. Better? But personally, I don't look at the numbers on the actual tape measure unless I'm drafting a pattern to sew. I go by how my pants fit. And right now it's 10's. The 8's are here waiting. I'm chasing 6.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    I think I looked best around 135-145. At 120-125 I looked sickly. Technically 140 is right at the top of “normal” so I’ll probably set that as my goal for switching to maintenance, then focus on recomp if I’m not satisfied.
  • courtneyaleen
    courtneyaleen Posts: 14 Member
    39 yrs old and 5’ 3”, currently hovering between 132-134 lbs. I wear size 6–8 US jeans. My ultimate goal is 126 lbs but I would be happy to just break through under 130 lbs with BF at 22%.

I’ve purposely set my restrictions to .5 lb/week since I’m only trying to lose 5-8 lbs and I’m not in a hurry to sacrifice my hard-earned muscle to do it. And, if the tape measure continues to shrink in number (which it has) and the scale still refuses to budge then, I will still consider it a win and accept my low 130s.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I’m 62 and at 5’2.5” I’m currently at 130 (down from a high of 183). I wear a size 4 jeans and either a S or XS in tops.

My goal this year is to get to 125. I’m fine with where I am though if I can’t make that happen.
  • Im 5ft 2.5 lol i weight 133lbs want to get down to 118 lbs and strengthen my core and gain some abs lol
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    About 120 is what I'm hoping to get to. Maybe it will be a little more or little less. Just depends on what I look like and how I'm feeling.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Just low enough that water weight fluctuations still keep me within range. I thought that'd be 130, but maybe 135 will be okay.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm 5'3.5" and think anywhere between 112-120 is fine for me. My shirts are Xs/sm and pants are usually 2s, but need the waist taken in. Sometimes junior sizing fits, somewhere between 1-5.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    I’m 5’4 and currently 137. I hope to get to 118-120. If I can get there successfully, I would be willing to work to 115.
  • Ariadne_Maat
    Ariadne_Maat Posts: 8 Member
    5' 3" with a target weight of about 125. Which I haven't been since middle school, as I was overweight since about 15, but I recently went back to my high school weight (152), so I like to think I'll pull this one off too.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    I’m 5’5”. My goal is 125lbs...so same as yours.
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    I'm 5'4". My starting weight was 135lbs and goal was 120lbs. I made my goal and then lost more, down to 112lbs today and would like to get back to 120lb and put on more muscle.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    5"3.5 here, I'm currently in the low 160s but a few years back I got down to 129 just! Although I had quite a bit of muscle. I still had a flabby tummy, boobs and thighs. I'd love to get to 120 but we'll see!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    5"2.5 (or 159cm): 137lbs (62kg)

Will reassess when I get there as I'm considering shooting for 125lbs (57kg). But I'd have to pick up my exercise levels to get there I think, because realistically I don't think that I'd be able to cope with eating the little I'd need to get there otherwise. I don't know, I've not been that low since I was about 11 or 12 years old, so it's very much uncharted territory.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    5'3 115-117 is my ideal, so I'm not much over at 120. I have a narrow frame though (I wear a 28 back bra)
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    5'2.5'' 135-140 is my goal weight. I still have a long ways to go.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    5'2.75" I would like to get to 140. I know that's high for most of the posters but that is what I weighed most of my adult life and I looked good. I'm over 60, back when I was first married that was a size 9 or 11 in juniors. I don't think they even make those sizes anymore. Today it would be closer to a 6-8.