Just curious...All you 5'3'' women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• weetamoo
    weetamoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently aiming for 130. In my 20s I felt great at a very muscular 125, but at 60 yr my joints can't handle the kind of exercise i did then, and I already only eat a small fraction of what I used to. I'm at 144 lbs now, down from 150.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am a smidgen under 5'3" and currently weigh 58kg, so that would be about 128lbs.

When I started out my original goal was 62kg, which was my pre-injury / weight gain weight. However when I got there I found my level of fitness really changed how that weight hung on me. At 62kg and sporty looked great, but not so much when I just can't exercise to the same extent any more.

Re-evaluating, I think I could do to lose another couple of kilograms to be happy with my size and shape. That would convert to about 123lbs. I've given myself all this year to do it, so no pressure.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Barely 5’4” here, currently 130, would prefer to be 125-128. Those few lbs make a big difference for me in seeing muscle definition and not feeling too giant during TOM bloating. I will say there’s a huge difference in me at 135 pre-lifting and now me at 130-135 lifting (I’m significantly smaller now even at the same weight). But the other side of that coin is that now I notice the difference of 3-5lbs whereas before I wouldn’t notice until I hit about 143. Maybe that’s just bc I wear tighter clothes now 😆
  • CydSteele
    CydSteele Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140. I reached 135 years ago, but I'd be very very happy at 140.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    5’2.75”, 41 years old. My goal is 125, maybe 122-125.
    This is the weight at which I think I look the best proportioned. I also like the way my clothes fit at that weight.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have set my goal at around 126lbs. Lost weight previously and was around that so I know if I'm also toned it's a good weight for me. I'm not so pent up on how many lbs I actually weigh though... more how I look. Toned muscle weighs heavier than fat, but I'll re-evaluate nearer my goal.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm taking it 5lbs at a time. My lowest was 132lbs and I definitely feel that I could have got down to 125lbs but I just got lazy with exercise and logging and gained back to 140lbs. I'm now down to 136 and still aiming for 125lbs for now and I'll reassess when I get there.
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" ish and 54 years old. Currently at 142, down from 171. 141 would be top of the normal BMI range so that is the goal right now. Then I plan to maintain for 4 weeks and see how I feel. May try for 135. Just had a biometric screening at work and found out my body fat percentage is high!! Even the nurse was surprised. Will be talking to my trainer to see what I should be doing more of/less of.
  • TinaKay51
    TinaKay51 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'4 and goal is 125.
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2"-5'4"-ish and am at goal +/- 2lbs of 140. I had originally thought I'd like to get down to 125, but at this weight I am a size 6, my hips are really lean, not much butt to speak of, and I kinda suspect the width of my pelvis is gonna stand between me and smaller pant sizes (don't have much to go on -- have been morbidly obese since puberty, my previous thinnest having been a brief stint at an "old size 12" in the early 80s (which I think is a current size 6) when I weighed roughly the same as I do right now, and was never able to get down into smaller sizes. So, as my weight is in an "officially normal" zone, my health is good, and this seems a reasonable size for my body to be, I'm stopping here.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses.

I am 5'3" and weigh 130. My goal is to get back to 125 but also tone up what I have. You guys are doing great and are such an inspiration!
  • berube0604
    berube0604 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5’3” here. I’m 28. Goal weight is 150. I got down to 158 last spring but ballooned up to 183 over the move and stress of finding a new job. Currently down to 178 since the beginning of January.
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5 feet 4, looking to lose a hundred pounds which would bring me at 153. Would love to get down to 143. 133 would be a dream!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    5'4, 157 lbs, my goal was 155 so I am ok as long as I am in the 150's. Probably should be 145 but I want to eat!
  • sunface01
    sunface01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5’2” and 138. Goal is 120. Last 5 years I’ve fluctuated from 126-140. Felt good at 126 but still feel best at 120 which I haven’t been at for over 10 years- menopause 😢 In my early 30s I was 110-115 not sure I will ever see that again!
  • dmz1983
    dmz1983 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4 and I find anytime I get below 115 I start to decline physically and mentally. BMI chart shows ok to be as low as 108 but totally not sustainable for me. I’m happiest between 115-125. Also, I’m very small boned.
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm about 5'2.5 or 5'3" tall. Ish.

I'm at 151 at the moment, and as for goal weights? I'd like to take things as they go and see how I feel/look.

The 'dividing line' between overweight and healthy weight for my height is about 139-140 lbs. So my first goal is to get past that line into the sweet sweet healthy weight range!

Once I'm there, it's less about health and more about appearance. I think it'd be nice to get down to about 130 lbs, as then I'll be comfortably in the 'healthy' zone. I do a lot of heavy weight training so I don't want to go too far into the lower side of 'healthy', since a bunch of me is made of muscle already. I'd really like to get comfortably into 'healthy', and then work on recomposition for a while and see how I feel.

That's one of the things I'm really excited about getting to goal weight for, actually. It's really hard to make then gainz on the weight rack when you're working on fat loss. While I'm excited to be a healthy weight and to look better, I'm really excited to see how much progress I can make with my lifting once I'm eating at maintenance :D
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm a little different than some of the other posters. I'm 32 and 5' 3", I weigh 112 but my goal is around 105. I think it has to do with the fact that I have a small frame and not a lot of muscle, so at 112 I definitely do not look "skinny". My body does not hold weight well and when I get over 120 I feel quite fluffy. I've had several people who are my height that look thinner than me at a higher weight. I guess I need to add some muscle!
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don’t want to derail this thread... but I’m gonna...
    I’m also 5’3 and I’m wondering those of you who are maintaining 125 lbs and under, how many calories are you eating to maintain your weight?