Just curious...All you 5'3'' women, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I don’t want to derail this thread... but I’m gonna...
    I’m also 5’3 and I’m wondering those of you who are maintaining 125 lbs and under, how many calories are you eating to maintain your weight?

I eat 1600 plus all my exercise calories. But, I don't have a high level of activity outside of intentional exercise; about four hours of working in a veterinary OR each morning and several hours at the computer at home in the afternoon. 5'3", 124 lbs, 44 years old.

I do know a few ladies this size who eat 1900+exercise to maintain.
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I’m also 5’3 and I’m wondering those of you who are maintaining 125 lbs and under, how many calories are you eating to maintain your weight?

I eat 1600 plus all my exercise calories. But, I don't have a high level of activity outside of intentional exercise; about four hours of working in a veterinary OR each morning and several hours at the computer at home in the afternoon. 5'3", 124 lbs, 44 years old.

I’m also 44...do you feel good at those calories and that you can live there for a long time or do you wish you could eat more?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

I’m also 44...do you feel good at those calories and that you can live there for a long time or do you wish you could eat more?

No, I'm happy here. I lost weight five years ago, maintained since except when eating more when intentionally bulking. Frankly, I think this is a perfect place for me. I feel good, fuel my exercise well, which is primarily lifting, and don't feel deprived of anything. Since I follow a weekly calorie goal, I can easily fit in higher-than-usual calorie foods/meals when I want to and don't have to restrict any types of food.
  • hollyschwieg
    hollyschwieg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It depends on the amount of muscle mass. If your weight is mostly muscle, 120 is pretty low. Muscle weights more than fat. If you go too low you will slow down your metabolism.
  • leenas_diaries
    leenas_diaries Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! 👋 I’m 5’4” and have weighed 115 lbs most my 20s and 30s. Recently I changed my goal from staying at my comfort zone weight of 115-120lbs to feeling strong, gaining muscle and reducing body fat, so I’m in the process of lean bulking - gaining 0.5lb every week to go from 115 to 130. Currently I’m at 123lbs and feel great! ☺️
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my goal of 125. When I get there I can have 1870 calories to maintain. I burn 350-500 a day so I add those calories back in. That is definitely manageable. I am still working on eating more filling foods.
  • mrsyarnlady8831
    mrsyarnlady8831 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been as lean and low as 90 when I was bodybuilding - but my goal weight now is 140. Started at 190 beginning January and I'm at 177 now.... Woot!
    Not bodybuilding nor really exercising this time.

Once I hit my goal I might go lower but I'm comfy at 120
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No goal weight for me. Trying to compete so just want low body fat and maintain as much muscle mass. Off season no goal weight. Heavier doesn't bother me when Im building. I like both looks tbh. The number doesn't matter at all.
  • mlm7126
    mlm7126 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5’2” and I have been hovering right around 138-140. Focusing more on building strength and how my clothes fit. After switching gyms and working out more, I dropped down from 150 lbs and 35% body fat to my current weight with about 25% body fat. Not a ton of weight loss, but got into size 4 pants when I was previously an 8 or 10. Current goals will include adding in more strength training, building muscle, and keeping track of my food.
  • s3sz_kay
    s3sz_kay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was 48kg but then I measured myself and realised I’m actually 5’3 now. So 50kg is my goal weight. I’m 62kg at the moment, I gained a lot last year and trying to say bye bye to it all now.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    As I am not in the USA I live with world standard units vs US units so I am 159cm and weight 56Kg That converts to US units as 5'3" and 123 ponds
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    5'3 and want to reach 125. My doctor says I can run again if I hit 115 due to a disc problem and surgeries on my feet. I doubt I will ever get there though. My body likes about 135. I haven't seen 115 since about the sixth grade and I would blow away if I got that low. On the good side though, I wouldn't even have to run!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Depending on posture, I'm somewhere between 5 foot 2 and 5 foot 3. I think my ultimate goal weight would be 132lbs, but I'd probably settle for 134lbs.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have always been curvy- I've had boobs since I was 12! My goal weight is 140. That may seem a little high to some, but for my body type it's a good weight for me. Plus, since I'm 50-ish I know I'm never going to get back down to 125 which was my best weight ever as an adult.
  • connieannw
    connieannw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 162 lbs now - goal is 160. I was 170 at the beginning of the year when I started again. Then I'll evaluate again. Being 52, it's extremely difficult to lose weight after menopause. My body revolts in an uncomfortable fashion so slow and steady, seeing how much I can lose and then letting the body settle into that weight to see how it looks is important to me. I'm taking it five pounds at at time. SMART goals.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Around 1500-1600 a day, and I'm definitely more relaxed on the weekends. But it hasn't affected my maintenance much, Mon-Wed I'm at the higher end of my range then by Fri I'm back to the lower range of maintenance.
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    JennJ323 wrote: »

Around 1500-1600 a day, and I'm definitely more relaxed on the weekends. But it hasn't affected my maintenance much, Mon-Wed I'm at the higher end of my range then by Fri I'm back to the lower range of maintenance.

Is that 1500 plus exercise calories or without?
  • kath06139
    kath06139 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I am 5'3" and my current goal is 125. I am thinking I would like to go to 120 but I tend to hover around 127.5. I know that everyone if built differently but I am just curious what your goal is.

5'3 I want to reach at 130 to 127
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’4” currently at 140 (size 4-6) I was 135 before the holidays and I wish I could get to 128 which I never did, my lowest a year ago was 130-132 but I don’t feel/see a big difference ;)
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'3" and my goal is about 123. Will reevaluate the closer I get but a size 6ish is my size goal...whatever weight that ends up being.