Apple cider vinegar to help weight loss

Options
Any ideas or thought on the addition of apple cider vinegar to help weight loss??

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    No magical boost from using it. Just eat within your calorie goal to lose weight.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    How do you think would apple cider vinegar you drink and then digest have any influence on weight loss? What would be the difference with other vinegar?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Any ideas or thought on the addition of apple cider vinegar to help weight loss??

It doesn't.
  • dollarbill181
    dollarbill181 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tried it for a while...did nothing. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually doesn't work.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    OP, you've been asking a lot of questions, which is great. Read through this post from one of our most knowledgeable veterans.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    I actually drank ACV for several weeks at a time, while logging on MFP as meticulously as possible, and also didn't drink ACV for other weeks at a time, still meticulously logging.

It made zip-zero-nada difference in my weight loss rate, nor did it seem to affect my appetite or satiation.

(I was drinking it for reasons completely unrelated to weight loss. I stopped drinking it for a few weeks because it aggravated a health condition that was not brought on by the ACV - which is not actually more acidic than lots of other common beverages, BTW.)

There are a very few things vinegar might be good for, even health-wise, though the evidence is weak. None of those things are weight loss.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The only thing drinking Apple Cider Vinegar helped me lose was my will to live.

Nasty stuff! :D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    The only thing drinking Apple Cider Vinegar helped me lose was my will to live.

Nasty stuff! :D

Lol!!!!!! :D
  • Howl_Of_Solace
    Howl_Of_Solace Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've tried this before. It just tastes nasty. Didn't have any other impact other than that. Tried it for 2 weeks and had no effect at all. As long as there is a calorie defecit whether that's through your diet or how much you burn during exercise that's all there is too it.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Like any acid it is a low calorie way to brighten food which might prevent turning to higher calorie add-ons but beyond that it does nothing.

And before someone posts it, it does nothing to detox your body either.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As much as wish there was some magic pill or amazing secret to help with weight loss, sadly. Apple cider vinegar doesn't really impact anything or help to contribute to weight loss.