Zumba? yes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• alisonnorth
    alisonnorth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i burned 698 cals in my class this morning. you get the best workout when you begin to get a feel for the routines and can really "work-it"...
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I have Zumba for the Wii and I LOVE it. Its so energetic and uplifting! If you love latin dance, I highly recommend it. Its a blast
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    DO IT! I'm getting certified to teach it in a month of so. It's a lot of fun and will change your body!
  • ansley1
    ansley1 Posts: 23
    Options
    i started it last wk at the ymca and i LOVE IT! there were 2 guys in each class. i live in the miami area and i'm not cuban with great salsa moves but it was so much fun and i didnt care that i couldn't move my hips like the other women. ROFL!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I am debating whether or not to try out Zumba. Has anyone here done it? Is it a good work out? Is it challenging? I am not out of shape, so will I be bored out of my mind?

Yes it's a GREAT work out. As far as challenging it all depends on you. Are you going to 1/2 *kitten* the moves and be SHY or will you put your all into and SHAKE THAT BOOTY. It also depends on your instructor. There are a couple at my gym that flat out SUCK. My heart rate drops so many times when they teach that I just stopped going to their classes. Tomorrow night is MY FAVE Zumba instructor. His class is hardcore the whole 60 minutes.

As far as being bored goes --- Do you LOVE to dance? If the answer is yes, then you will not be bored :)
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last night and loved it!

So much fun - I threw myself into it and probably looked ridiculous as I am really lacking in co-ordination. Also sweated buckets but felt so happy afterwards.

TRY IT! :smile: