I screwed up! 😫

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniferkaye22
    jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    Ok so I have been doing sooo good and even eating healthy and having smaller portions when I go to my parents house on Sundays.. well for the past 3 days now I have failed. It started off with Saturday I took my son to a birthday party they had pizza and cake. Of course I ate some. THEN Sunday I cook this amazing dessert to take over to my parents house.. well I had some and they didn’t even cook healthy at all. Today I had some of the dessert after supper. Blah I failed soo bad!
    Anyways I weighed myself this morning and I gained 2 pounds back! This is soo depressing after being good for soo long.
    Anyways if your still reading thank you I wanted to vent to somebody.
    Tomorrow is a new day which of course I will weigh myself and I’m going to start working off these 2 pounds back off 😫 which by tomorrow it will probably be more

Unless you ate 7,000 calories OVER your maintenance calorie intake, you did not actually gain 2lbs of fat. It's mostly water retention and will disappear over the next few days.

Do you have a weight trending app? If not I'd suggest getting one, it will help you learn what your body's normal weight fluctuations are. Remember-your weight will fluctuate daily due to all sorts of things, and this is perfectly normal (I'm up on the scale today because tom started-no biggie). For android it's Libra and for apple its Happy Scale.

Yes I have the happy scale app 😀 I downloaded it a couple of years ago
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    No one does this perfectly right from the start. It's a learning process.

What did you learn from this? What will you differently next time (if anything)?

And reference your two pound gain, read this article...

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

@quiksylver296 I won because I posted it first. :triumph:

I really wanted to make sure it got read by the OP?!? :*
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    If you screwed up (one time) then I'm screwed for sure :D My wife makes the best homemade brownies and I murdered a bunch of them this past weekend lol. You're ok, today is a new day. Start new, be kind to yourself. :)

Omg my dessert had brownie on the bottom layer. Brownies are my favorite I can’t turn them down. The rest of my dessert I had I threw away in the trash so I can’t be tempted to eat it 😀

@jenniferkaye22 I get it, I really do :D

I don't know as much as a lot of the folks posting tips here, but one thing I know for sure is I am without a doubt my own worst enemy. I can berate myself over having done absolutely nothing wrong.

That said, the proof is in the pudding, pun very much intended because I love pudding too lol. What I mean is that as much as I love foods that aren't very packed with nutrients, like desserts, my scale is still showing a downward trend. So I'm ok.

Like I said earlier, be kind to yourself. Speedbumps are temporary.
  • valleylhc
    valleylhc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I consistently have a blizzards a week and another “cheat” item and consistently lose weight. I don’t call them anything though, it’s factored into my life. There is only one way to gain weight, eat more than you burn. Opposite if you want to lose weight. Burn more than you eat. Always track your food even if you don’t stay on plan that way you can see it’s only water weight. It takes 3500 calls will put on 1 pound of fat. It’s hard to burn 3500 cals so I always ask myself can I substitute what I want for something else? Sometimes I won’t have a 500 cal blizzard and I will do a 120 cal choc bar instead, depending on my activity level or if I’m craving unwanted loaded bread carbs how about a mango instead. I compromise a lot. Instead of junking out on pizza I have 1 slice with a healthy salad and veggies. Turn unhealthy meals healthy by doing it in moderation and small portions. If someone serves unhealthy food, I eat before I go then limit myself to a half cup or cup of what they have (1 item) you can enjoy all foods in moderation. Guilt free eating is a result of moderation and portion size, it’s the only way to live. Feeling bad about what we eat is unhelpful-focus on portion and moderation, balanced meals, compromise on unhealthy items burn more than you eat. Enjoy what you eat and find an exercise you love, rejoice in the progress release food negativity it’s all a lie. The biggest abusive relationships many have are with themselves, what you say to yourself can be more harmful then food. Stay positive. 💕
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Most everyone does it make sure you make it up with exercise

Making up with exercise after overeating is under "purging" in various eating disorders. Don't do it.