Got a Fitbit today

Options
It came via UPS this afternoon, and of course I had to set it up right away :) It tracks your activity level, steps, calories burned, sleep efficiency and mileage. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works!

Replies

• lalamcneil
    Options
    please do keep us informed....i have been debating on getting one myself...but wanna know that it works good :)
  • Bockety
    Bockety Posts: 21
    Options
    Never heard of that, but I googled it and it looks interesting. Can't wait to hear how well it works! (Or doesn't.)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have heard mixed reviews. I have a Body Media Fit and I cannot say enough good things about it.
  • EmRN06
    EmRN06 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit said that I burned 2,190 calories today (off of the MFP reading by 20 calories). Pretty accurate there, and the step counter seems accurate as well.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I synced it this morning and it said that I took seven min. to fall asleep, awoke four times and had a sleep efficiency rating of 99% with 7 hrs. 34 minutes time asleep. Surprising!
  • strannyd
    Options
    Hi,

Have you continued using your fitbit? Have you found it helpful? I took a look at the online stuff for their website, and while it looks good, it doesn't look as intuitive as myfitnesspal's website, in regards to tracking food. Further, fitbit charges an annual fee to be able to set goals.

Just curious your thoughts on it.

Thank you!

Dan
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    It works well as a tracker (you can see how many steps you have for the day, and if you're low, it encourages you to get moving), and it gives a pretty good estimate of calories burned based on how much you move. I don't use it as much as I should, but when I do, I'm more mindful of being active.
  • Cici2329
    Cici2329 Posts: 35
    Options
    I like mine a lot. I have a bodybugg, but didn't use it because I didn't want it to be seen. I can hide the fitbit easily. :) I use it as a calorie burned tracker, then use Lose It for my food log. (Here I just use the forums - more active than the others.)

Cici
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is the fitbit pretty accurate at calculating calories burned during exercise?
  • colleenhere
    colleenhere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit, first generation (the new one tracks hills/stairs i think) and i find it to be pretty accurate.

it's more the motivation of trying to reach your goal of x # of steps. it makes me want to park further away, climb stairs and take the dogs on longer walks, walk around at lunch, so in that way it helps me!

i really with they would integrate the two sites, MFP has a much better food tracking database, but Fitbit's interface is cleaner and 'cuter' with a nice design.

The best thing about fitbit vs. bodybug or those other systems is that it's cheap, and tiny (no arm band), and there's no monthly fee for the basic service. If you want to see more graphs and data there is a $50/year option but it's totally not necessary. especially with MFP!

Hope that helps.