What the garlic?? 846 calories???

tweedabird
tweedabird Posts: 17 Member
Has anyone noticed when you import a recipe and it matches your ingredients it will give garlic cloves like an insane calorie count??? Like I'm talking 800+ calories. This happens to me every time. I have to go in and readjust the ingredient so it's normal by searching generic garlic.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Yeah, it’s been there for years.
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Yep. Wish we could favourite or hide ingredients. Save time on looking them up and not having it pick the ones we don't want over and over.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Is this the entry with lots of serving size options (click the drop down menu) -- 1 clove, 3 cloves, tablespoon, 100 g? The 3 clove serving size has the right data, so you can just edit it to .33 servings of the 3 clove serving size.
  • Polydactylkat
    Polydactylkat Posts: 31 Member
    Yeah that comes up for me too. First time I didn’t realize and I was like damn, this recipe is not as healthy as it seemed! Then I saw it ...
  • shaneozouf
    shaneozouf Posts: 59 Member
    Is this the entry with lots of serving size options (click the drop down menu) -- 1 clove, 3 cloves, tablespoon, 100 g? The 3 clove serving size has the right data, so you can just edit it to .33 servings of the 3 clove serving size.

I just pictured 100 grams of garlic, I think I'm going to be sick...
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Smashed garlic has the right calories too! Apparently smashing it knocks those calories right out! But I have had problems with 3 cloves as well!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    It does the same thing with several herbs. Really annoying.
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    Smashed garlic has the right calories too! Apparently smashing it knocks those calories right out! But I have had problems with 3 cloves as well!
    Search "garlic usda" to get the entry from the usda database.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    kmfeig87 wrote: »

I think smashing things has a few advantages. :laugh:
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Every time I make a recipe this trips me up!
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    I just decided yesterday that if I'm only using 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, I'm just not going to bother entering that in the recipe builder - because I tried to weigh it out after I chopped it and got 0 grams, so it's like, why am I spending all this energy on garlic!
  • lildickybarrett
    lildickybarrett Posts: 20 Member
    Holy garlic!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Why hasn't the garlic entry been deleted?