Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

under eating in calories but i feel fine??

I’ve been on a weight loss journey for 6 months now and I’ve lost around 45 pounds so far. I pay real close attention to my macros and the amounts I eat. However, I am just consistently under eating in calories even though I eat enough each meal (snacks in between) to keep me full. I am a 5’6” female who weighs 207 pounds currently. I should be eating 2100 calories to lose 1 pound per week, which has been my goal since day one, but I consistently clock in around 1000. I’m honestly baffled at how I’m not dead by now or at least not seeing results.
Even if I forget to log olive oil here and there, I’m still usually well under what I should be eating. Should I be worried? I literally do not know if this is a bad thing or not, I assume it is but I’m not sick and am losing weight at the right speed. Do you think I’m doing something wrong?
*i mainly eat veggies, nuts, fish, oats and yogurt. No junk food (other than low-cal dark chocolate chips lmao)

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    How much weight are you typically losing each week? Are you weighing your food?
  • 221bweenie
    221bweenie Posts: 4 Member
    I do weigh my food but that’s something I’ve only been doing for a month now (before i was usuing cups and tablespoons). I have been losing around a pound a week (it varies sometimes but usually is around a pound)
  • 221bweenie
    221bweenie Posts: 4 Member
    Honestly I probably am doing a bad job at logging everything, since I’ve just recently started using a food scale. I know I’m not reaching 2100 but I suppose 1600 Is isn’t terrible! I just wanted to be sure I’m not unintentionally damaging myself in the long run so I’m going to try to fit more calories in. I’m glad I got that food scale!
    I haven’t noticed anything with my body that is alarming but I might be overlooking something which is a scary thought 😬
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Don’t forget to recalculate your calories at your new weight to make sure your goal is correct now that you’re using your scale. 2100 to lose 1 lb a week at 207 sounds a little high. I think when I started at 267, 1 lb a week for me was more like 1750 - but I might be a lot older lol.
    Keep going - you’re doing great!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I’m not proud to say this but sometimes I eat around 800 calories a day simply because I don’t feel like eating more in the morning and by the time it’s the afternoon I’ve only eaten around 400 calories and I have to force myself to eat another 400. It’s not like this everyday but I also feel fine when this happens....

That's not healthy or sustainable. You are preventing your body from getting nutrients that are absolutely 100% necessary for normal function. If this is a consistent issue for you then you need to talk a doctor or counselor.