under eating in calories but i feel fine??

Options
I’ve been on a weight loss journey for 6 months now and I’ve lost around 45 pounds so far. I pay real close attention to my macros and the amounts I eat. However, I am just consistently under eating in calories even though I eat enough each meal (snacks in between) to keep me full. I am a 5’6” female who weighs 207 pounds currently. I should be eating 2100 calories to lose 1 pound per week, which has been my goal since day one, but I consistently clock in around 1000. I’m honestly baffled at how I’m not dead by now or at least not seeing results.
Even if I forget to log olive oil here and there, I’m still usually well under what I should be eating. Should I be worried? I literally do not know if this is a bad thing or not, I assume it is but I’m not sick and am losing weight at the right speed. Do you think I’m doing something wrong?
*i mainly eat veggies, nuts, fish, oats and yogurt. No junk food (other than low-cal dark chocolate chips lmao)

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you typically losing each week? Are you weighing your food?
  • 221bweenie
    221bweenie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do weigh my food but that’s something I’ve only been doing for a month now (before i was usuing cups and tablespoons). I have been losing around a pound a week (it varies sometimes but usually is around a pound)
  • 221bweenie
    221bweenie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Honestly I probably am doing a bad job at logging everything, since I’ve just recently started using a food scale. I know I’m not reaching 2100 but I suppose 1600 Is isn’t terrible! I just wanted to be sure I’m not unintentionally damaging myself in the long run so I’m going to try to fit more calories in. I’m glad I got that food scale!
    I haven’t noticed anything with my body that is alarming but I might be overlooking something which is a scary thought 😬
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget to recalculate your calories at your new weight to make sure your goal is correct now that you’re using your scale. 2100 to lose 1 lb a week at 207 sounds a little high. I think when I started at 267, 1 lb a week for me was more like 1750 - but I might be a lot older lol.
    Keep going - you’re doing great!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I’m not proud to say this but sometimes I eat around 800 calories a day simply because I don’t feel like eating more in the morning and by the time it’s the afternoon I’ve only eaten around 400 calories and I have to force myself to eat another 400. It’s not like this everyday but I also feel fine when this happens....

That's not healthy or sustainable. You are preventing your body from getting nutrients that are absolutely 100% necessary for normal function. If this is a consistent issue for you then you need to talk a doctor or counselor.