Question about the weekly 5000 calories or 10000 calories binge day

Options
2»

Replies

• takemetosingapore2019
    Options
    I’ve had 10k or 5k calorie cheat days. I’ve ate a large pizza and some dessert or similar in one day plus other normal meals. I never gained any weight from my cheat days long term. Short term for about 2-4 days I’d be up 0-6lb. I also measure my body fat regularly and never gained body fat from my cheat days either. That being said I always got right back on track the meal after a cheat meal.
  • takemetosingapore2019
    takemetosingapore2019 Posts: 52 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I couldnt imagine 10k calories in 1 day. I am 6'3 205 lb male. 5000 calories is doable if eating a bunch of pizza and drinking beers, but 10k in ONE day???

I’m 5’10”, female and 140-147lb weight range and small framed and have tons of muscle and I can EASILY eat 5-7k in a day. I have probably ate 10k before. It’s possible. I’m much smaller than you and have done it.

Edit: saw your below comment on 5k so I agree with the 5k and actually I’m not sure about 10k... I think I could do it I am not sure. It is definitely a lot of food! That’s 5 days of food!!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    In the last 2 months, I had one "cheat day" (not going to call it a binge because they are VERY different mentally), and this is basically what happened:

I felt like crap.
    I got really bloated and it took days for the bloating to go down.
    The next day, the scale went up by 1 lb, then it took almost a week for the scale to go back down.

Mostly what i noticed was that I had a lot of bloat probably from the sodium, and my body held on to that pound a few days longer than what is normal. Not a huge deal since I ate on plan the rest of the week, and by the next weigh-in, still had my normal weekly average weight loss.

But for me personally, I couldn't and wouldn't do this every week. I FELT terrible.

*I can't not say this: cheat days are NOT the same as binge eating. Binge eating disorder is serious, feels like you are completely out of control, and typically all done in one sitting. Or compulsive overeating is similar, but clinically I don't think are the same thing. Again, I'm not a therapist, that's just my history and observation. If this sounds like you, I HIGHLY recommend getting help from a counselor or therapist.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options

He has a 14lb stomach capacity, i doubt OP does. And Erik Doesn't recommend doing binge eating on a daily basis. He does challenges once a week and it miserable for a few days after.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I only watched the first meal, but that is impressive and sickening all at the same time. :laugh:

(I do want a Krispy Kreme/Biscoff spread sandwich now, though.)