Restarting my journey...

Options
Hello, I have been in a long journey of weight loss between having three kids I have been here @MFP before, lost weight, and gained it back. But today I am ready to get back in shape and eat right. I have back aches, leg cramps, and skin irritation, all which has been due to eating the wrong foods and sitting on my butt for too long. I am ready to feel good again!

I'm going to try to keep my journey simple and real. I have joined boot camp work outs before or done a drastic diet. My goals currently are just eat right and move.

Replies

• nsuedude
    nsuedude Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally relatable and looking for people who are wanting to stay motivated!
  • kdm071993
    kdm071993 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey :)
  • lildickybarrett
    lildickybarrett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job, good luck and keep trucking!

-Do workout, but mostly focus on hitting your calorie goals each day. Think 10% moving more 90% kitchen. Don't feel like you have to be at a gym or kill yourself on the treadmill, walking works just fine, or whatever you enjoy.

-Its going to take a ridiculously long time, accept and prepare for that, aim to lose 1% of your bodyweight a week in lbs according to your calorie goal eg 200lb person 2lb per week. As you get way lower in weight slow down even more.

-You will lose a bunch at first quickly as you probably know already, use that for initial motivation, but prepare for 'the suck' when it slows down.

-Awesome food - pizza, burgers, steaks, chinese, whatever people love is everywhere, train yourself to look at it, be mindful and just accept its there, you dont have to eat it, and it doesnt want to be eaten by you, have a plan for parties gatherings etc. being mindful is HUGE, otherwise Id let bowls of cheerios jump into my mouth unconsciously every night :smile:

- Think of your calories like a dollar budget - one night stand with Mr Burger for 1000 calories of hang out all day with healthy foods and eat a whole bunch.

-Weightloss isn't a miracle or magic. We overeat 500cals a day we gain a lb of fat a week, same coming off, our bodies are just wicked good at storing it and are programmed for survival which makes eating a ton way more fun.
    Even on days when you think you aren't changing, you are. Every single day is a day that makes a difference.

Feel free to friend me and good luck!