What am I doing wrong?

Options
I’ve been hard at it (hard for me) for 25 days now. Reduced calories by 700-500 and workout 5 days a week. Only down 4pounds
😔

Replies

• tusshay
    tusshay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the insight. I guess I do need to look at it differently. It just feels like I’m working really hard and not seeing anything different. I know im doing all the right things but expectations might be too high. I probably am missing something on my logs here and there. I definitely don’t log my exercise because they just add those burnt calories right back into my daily intake and that makes me want to eat more. Will keep pushing. Thank you again
  • tusshay
    Options
    You’re right. I gotta keep that in mind.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's actually fantastic! Sometimes thinking about loss as a marathon helps me.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    tusshay wrote: »
    Thank you for the insight. I guess I do need to look at it differently. It just feels like I’m working really hard and not seeing anything different. I know im doing all the right things but expectations might be too high. I probably am missing something on my logs here and there. I definitely don’t log my exercise because they just add those burnt calories right back into my daily intake and that makes me want to eat more. Will keep pushing. Thank you again

Weight loss is horrifically slow for most people, me included. I like to focus on the good habits that lead to losing weight and better health (e.g. exercising, staying at the right calorie amount, accurate logging) rather than the weight itself because it's too slow to keep me going. Whereas with the other things, I know I'm doing good, it's in my control, and I can get my success endorphins from it. This only works if you've got a process that does actually work, but in your case, you do have that success so it could work for you to focus less on the weight and more on the habits. I basically weigh once a month on a day I feel skinny, just to check in, lol.
  • tusshay
    Options
    Think I might jump on that once a month train! But only on a day I feel good about it. Any other day and that scale is hidden under something in the bathroom 😂
    For me weight loss is a marathon. One I start and stop and then start again..... next year. The changes I’ve made, I’d like to keep this time.
    I’ve even found sugar free chocolate that actually tastes pretty darn good !