*Gaining after WLS and starting over

Options
Looking for some buddys to motivate each other who have had weightloss surgery and gain weight back n now trying to lose again[

Replies

• rhino665490
    rhino665490 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ladytru84 wrote: »
    Looking for some buddys to motivate each other who have had weightloss surgery and gain weight back n now trying to lose again[

Hey Girl! I’m here for you!!

I had VSG (Gastric Sleeve) in April 2016- lost almost 100lbs, had crazy loose skin, suffered from depression, and although I had lost so much, I still wasn’t “happy” and I still didn’t fit into my smaller clothes that I thought I would. Yep! REALITY CHECK!! I hated the way my belly and thigh skin sagged, which was mental torture for me. And although my body didn’t tolerate certain foods/drinks initially, about 1.5-2 years later, I was less intolerant to certain things. That started a crazy cycle of consuming whatever I wanted because I’d felt so deprived for so long. And here I am, almost 3 yrs later and having gained back 45lbs.

Looking back, I often struggle with regretting my decision to go under the knife. Although VSG helped me lose the weight fast due to intolerance of certain foods, I personally didn’t learn HOW to eat or HOW to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle long-term. Yes, I know there are others who have had great success with surgery and are maintaining and doing well... and good for them. For me though, I wish I had explored other options before going through with it as I feel it would’ve helped me learn the HOW and WHY and WHAT to eat and HOW to incorporate activity into my life. I feel it would’ve helped my mental approach to wellness and taught me how to create balance.

I met a wonderful trainer a few hours away who I’m working with online, who is coaching me on Macro goals, who promotes a “flexible dieting” approach, and who I check in with weekly or whenever I need support. She’s AMAZING!! You should check her out on Facebook!!
    “Shape Up With Steph”

So tell me about YOUR experience with WLS— type of surgery, when you had it, etc.

And feel free to “friend” me on MFP— my food diary is viewable as well.

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Check out this group, it's full of people who are at all stages - pre-surgery, post-surgery, and everyone has been through it all, they are very honest and helpful.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • ladytru84
    ladytru84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey girl.. I had lapband 2010 lost 100lbs 1st year than got pregnant gained 60lbs back lost some than 5 years later got pregnant again and gained 45 .. And than was just super depressed and affter my second kid my band just isn't the same I would get stuck all the time so with motherhood and life I started eating crappy so I pretty muched gaines 70lbs back from my initial 100lb loss. So this past month iv been doing better n slowly making changes .. I'm going to send u a request
  • ladytru84
    ladytru84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    Check out this group, it's full of people who are at all stages - pre-surgery, post-surgery, and everyone has been through it all, they are very honest and helpful.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

Thank you