Tired of failing. Anyone else?

Options
Hi, my name is Kimi. I’ve let myself get to a weight where I no longer feel comfortable or confident. I hide under baggy clothes, and contoured cheeks, but I’m ready to get in shape and value myself more.

I really need to develop the discipline, so I’m ready to change for the better. If anyone else needs a cheerleader, I’d be glad to root you on! I believe in the power of a community and want to encourage others as well as maybe be encouraged myself.

Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Erin Maelyn. I'll be more than happy to be a cheerleader for you. I'm recovering from acute respiratory failure in early December. I go to pulmonary rehabilitation twice a week and they are making things harder now. I have activity goal of 250 steps once an hour for 9 hours from 10 until 6. My steps goal goes up each week by 500, it started at 1,000. I also see a dietitian. I have official weigh-ins once a week on Sunday and have joined a couple of challenges to help keep me motivated.
  • kristenkimiko
    kristenkimiko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome, Erin! So nice to meet you. That’s awesome your fitness goals are so specific, maybe that’s what I need to do. 🤔 So proud of the steps you’re taking! Keep it up!
  • kristenkimiko
    Options
    Thank you for the link, quicksylver296!

• lisastapleton4680
    Options
    Hey me too
  • lisastapleton6504
    Options
    Just be careful on here... not everyone is out for your good

Some are just horny
  • lisastapleton6504
    Options
    Fact
  • andrewhept1
    andrewhept1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have an "on-again, off-again" relationship with MFP. Looking to stick with it and meet my goals. Looking for some friends along the way!
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really need to develop the discipline, so I’m ready to change for the better.

And.. this is the key right here..

True, the community here can help to inspire you to try things, help to encourage, etc... What no one else other than you can do - is to commit to it and do it.

It means not quitting when you have a bad day, week or month. Ultimately, there is no finish line. Once each goal is met, you will define new ones.

Just don't quit on yourself and you will eventually accomplish what you are out to achieve.

Good luck!
  • kristenkimiko
    Options
    Thanks, anothermfpuser! I really like how you framed things. Discipline will take you far in life, and the lack thereof, will cost you lots.