Need help putting on 5lbs of lean muscle

Options
Need help putting on 5lbs of lean muscle. I’m a rookie though and have spent the last 6 months focused on dropping weight. I’m ready to bulk up a bit but could use some tips. I’m 180lbs and 6’1adwcpnsn6glx.jpeg

Replies

• Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food and have an unshakeable work ethic in the gym!! I’m currently taking in almost 4000kcal on my training days and only just over 1500kcal on non-training days. I take about 550g carb on TD - 100g intra-Training. I’m hitting massive PRs weekly because of my intake and gaining mass really well as a result! :)
  • kam728
    kam728 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I recently started the same eating routine and have basic work out program, my question is “ how much more maximum power training I could perform without exceeding the the amount of nutrients I am consuming in order to make the most out of my gains, again my workout is very basic, low cardio with heavy lifting varying on each workout basis for no more than 45 min. Any response would help!
  • seniornugget
    seniornugget Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Unsure what your training looks like but when guys are trying to pack it on, I recommend squatting and deadlifting twice a week. And with large muscle group lifts, (presses, squat, deads) spend a lot of time in the 85-90% range working on increasing volume. But different strokes for different folks...
    I'm also 6'1" 35 years old. Used to be a hard gainer. Normally walking around at 235lbs. Currently 245 and in process of cutting after injury recovery.