Menopause

Options
Hi, I'm in menopause and want to get healthy. I tend to go hard out and then just quit. This is my fourth time on MFP in the last 10 years. Would love to meet some fellow women who are in this journey (that sounded lame sorry 🤣)

Replies

• jayne7470
    jayne7470 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I think I’m perrimenopausal I go through every emotion imaginable in a single day. Turned into little miss psycho over night🤬I’m struggling to lose weight been on SW with not much success so going to have a go at calorie counting and hitting the gym doing strength with a bit of cardio. Good luck on your journey 🙂
  • Bramewhiting
    Bramewhiting Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Peri menopausal as well. The only regimen I’ve found any help in is intermittent fasting. Dr Michael Mosley’s books are an easy read and lay out the whys and wherefores very clearly and simply. Great recipes too. It’s worth a look (I can see my cheekbones again!) good luck
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in menopause and want to get healthy. I tend to go hard out and then just quit. This is my fourth time on MFP in the last 10 years. Would love to meet some fellow women who are in this journey (that sounded lame sorry 🤣)

This group may be helpful https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

I think the thing to take into account, is that going hard out and then quitting is where a lot of people go wrong, menopause or not. Weight doesn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.

Making small sustainable changes over time is far more likely to stick than if you try and change everything in one go.

Maybe start by logging food accurately for a few days without worrying about losing/maintaining/gaining just to see what you're actually taking in, a food scale can be a big eye-opener.

26wpsr77pj2q.jpg

Once you have a few days of data, you can look it over and see where you might be able to trim some calories and set yourself to a suitable rate of loss.

ve1qz270qkcg.jpg
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I've reached "that age" where it's going to happen very soon, I've lost 50lb to date and on with losing the next 42lb but going slow to manage expectations, not sure what to expect but plodding along with CICO but joined a gym to do some toning - it's working.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We have a Group here for that. Join it!