going to the gym

Options
for the first time in over a yr omg!
got a family membership so kids are going to running club while im at the gym and hubby is coming with me for support.
then we are going to get in the pool, im not going to excercise in there i going to try and teach my water scared 8 yr old how to swim! but hopefully being in the water will help me wind down properly otherwise my shift at work tomorrow is going to be a nightmare!

Replies

• claireashby
    Options
    for the first time in over a yr omg!
    got a family membership so kids are going to running club while im at the gym and hubby is coming with me for support.
    then we are going to get in the pool, im not going to excercise in there i going to try and teach my water scared 8 yr old how to swim! but hopefully being in the water will help me wind down properly otherwise my shift at work tomorrow is going to be a nightmare!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:wink: It'll feel great going back after being away.:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • claireashby
    Options
    it will im quite excited! just hope i can breathe while im there
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU...just don't over do it the first few times...easy does it!:smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Sometimes kids having the flotation devices etc. to get acquainted with the water can really help.:flowerforyou:

• ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    And take your check box medical form with you and let it sink to the bottom of the pool!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    And take your check box medical form with you and let it sink to the bottom of the pool!! :laugh:

:laugh: :drinker:

As I said, it appears you were NOT supposed to join that other gym. Now the entire family is going to reap the benefits. I did some of my best exercise when I was doing it for my kids!

Enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • claireashby
    Options
    im back had a great time!

how do kids do somuch running and still want to run when they get out?

was really good, pfft doc and other gyn im not in any joint pain at all, maybe the pool hel;ps i dont know, but i had better shh on that one im trying to imagine a day without aching tomorrow but not going to happen is it? lol

so should i go tomorrow on the way home from work? or have a day off? i enjoyed it that much i want to go again!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    im back had a great time!

how do kids do somuch running and still want to run when they get out?

was really good, pfft doc and other gyn im not in any joint pain at all, maybe the pool hel;ps i dont know, but i had better shh on that one im trying to imagine a day without aching tomorrow but not going to happen is it? lol

so should i go tomorrow on the way home from work? or have a day off? i enjoyed it that much i want to go again!
    What sort of workout did you do today? Cardio, you can go again tomorrow, strength training you don't want to do back to back. BUT since you're brand new back to the gym, you might really do your body a great service by skipping a day, especially with RA involved.:happy:

YAY I'm so very proud of you and also that your Hub hung with you for company, and how did your 8 take to the water?

Ah, yes water, it does the body good regarding joints!! I don't know that I have arthiritis per se, but I was in a bad car accident and it caused me be dealing with some joint pain in the very cold winter monthes or the very humid summer ones and I've found nothing better than water to mellow out with.

If you're simply going to use the pool tomorrow you might be fine. Do they have a therapy pool (warm water..typically 94 degrees) or is it the regular pool you were using today (lap pool is generally set at around 84..ten degrees lower than our warm one). I sometimes warm up in the warm water then do my water classes in the lap pool. Warm water relaxes joints really nicely!

Get some good rest Hon:flowerforyou: