IF every day?

Options
I'm just wondering how many folks who are doing IF are doing it everyday or if you have days where you dont fast during the week? I'm doing IF to lose weight. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    There's several protocols that fall under the IF umbrella.

I've done ADF, 5:2IF and then 16:8IF (between them I did IF for 6ish years). Both ADF and 5:2IF have calorie deficits built into them. 16:8IF is just a meal timing protocol and does not have a calorie deficit component, in order to lose weight with this method you still have you figure out your needed calorie deficit and then follow that to lose weight.
  • X5452JONDY
    X5452JONDY Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday! I do 18:6 meaning i have a 6 hour eating window and 18 hours of fasting. I usually eat from noon to 6pm
    (skip breakfast) and fast 6pm to noon. When i was on keto i found it easier to fast. I would fast 20:4 occassionally but mainly did omad ( one meal a day ) and the weight flew off. Downside was i was not getting my calories high enough in my one meal.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    X5452JONDY wrote: »
    I do it everyday! I do 18:6 meaning i have a 6 hour eating window and 18 hours of fasting. I usually eat from noon to 6pm
    (skip breakfast) and fast 6pm to noon. When i was on keto i found it easier to fast. I would fast 20:4 occassionally but mainly did omad ( one meal a day ) and the weight flew off. Downside was i was not getting my calories high enough in my one meal.

Heck wouldn't be a problem for me.....give me 15 minutes and I could do alot of damage😂
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    contento25 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how many folks who are doing IF are doing it everyday or if you have days where you dont fast during the week? I'm doing IF to lose weight. Thanks in advance.

There's an IF sub-forum here that is finally starting to get some posts and sharing. Why don't you consider joining us. It's woo-free.

To answer your question, I'm an IF practitioner and my feeding window ranges from a low a 2 hours to a high of 8 hours with 5 hours, I'd say, being the average. It's a great discipline tool so I see no need to sway from it at this time in my fitness, health and wellness journey. It gets easier as time goes on and its convenience and efficiency is indisputable.

• brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I’m doing it right now. I eat 11-7 everyday. But as other posters are saying, you still have to stay within your calories. It helps prevent me from large breakfasts and late night snacking. For whatever reason, the “IF” guidelines keep me more disciplined than just knowing to eat within my calories 🤷‍♀️
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1250 cal diet with IF 16/8...but I have my reasons; I have a problem with my stomach that if I eat late at night my food or stomach acid alone will come back up. After dinner I have an hour built in for dessert and then I'm done eating nothing until 11:30 am the next day. I still always stay in my calories except for pre-planned cheat days