Hows my meal plan?

Options
I'm pretty new to the whole dieting thing used to just eat what i want so not sure if this is okay or not any feed back would be great.

I plan on eating 3 x daily and snacks of fruit if needed. Plus 6000ml of water + supplements

Breakfast: Porridge + an apple

Lunch: 2 chicken drum sticks + 100g of white rice + Brocoli

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snacks: Either apples or Pears i was thinking

Drinks: 6000ml of water throughout the day and was told a couple cups of green tea would be good too?

Now i plan on weight training too so was advised to take supplements so went for some Creatine pills.

Hopefully this is okay? But im really new to dieting and training etc so not sure if its okay or not.

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    6l of water? Are you a duck?
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Plus... Variety. You need to eat more than. Hicken, rice and broccoli or you will get bored, fast.
  • Aaeko
    Aaeko Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Too much? didn't think there would be a thing as drinking too much water lol but was told i should account for around 3l per 60kg of weight
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You just need enough to stay well hydrated. How much is usually a personal thing. But you don't need supplements necessarily, unless you're struggling to keep up your protein to match your lifting goals. Also while you want to maintain an appropriate deficit to lose weight it's also important to make sure you're eating enough calories.
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    6l of water? Are you a duck?

Lol this 👆
  • Aaeko
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    Plus... Variety. You need to eat more than. Hicken, rice and broccoli or you will get bored, fast.

I don't mind boring food i usually eat while distracted by something anyway so i barely taste what im eating lol

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If we're being honest it sounds quite bland. You don't need to eat nothing but fruits veggies and chicken. In fact, you dont need a meal plan at all. I would actually discourage it. People who set such limitations for themselves end up becoming bored with their food choices and binging on the foods they truly want. Then they're back at square one. Your best bet is to eat the foods you enjoy but learn to eat them in moderation and fit them in with your goals. Doing this teaches you the skills vital for healthy, sustainable weight loss.

Also, if your diet is well balanced then suppliments are completely unnecessary. Creatine, BCAAs, even protein powder... you don't need any of it. Some people find that they have trouble meeting protein goals so protein supplements can be helpful but again, not necessary. Almost all of them are a huge waste of money.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you going to be eating? That's the key to losing weight, doesn't matter what you eat (although eating a well-rounded diet is good for your health). Just eat less calories than you burn.
  • Aaeko
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    How many calories are you going to be eating? That's the key to losing weight, doesn't matter what you eat (although eating a well-rounded diet is good for your health). Just eat less calories than you burn.

Easier said than done should be around 1800 but I think the app is broke as I'm active all day in a wheelchair so when I put just 500 minutes of activity as the exercise which is pushing my wheelchair it says 8333 calories burnt which has to be total bollocks so I honestly have no idea how to work out how much I burn
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

Easier said than done should be around 1800 but I think the app is broke as I'm active all day in a wheelchair so when I put just 500 minutes of activity as the exercise which is pushing my wheelchair it says 8333 calories burnt which has to be total bollocks so I honestly have no idea how to work out how much I burn

Sounds like your daily activity would be better suited to either lightly active or active, instead of counting it as exercise.
  • Aaeko
    Options
    Ah. The bodybuilding bro diet...

Do you enjoy eating the exact same things every day? I can't imagine even eating the same thing for lunch and dinner, let alone the same thing every day. Plenty of other protein, carb, and vegetable sources to use for your meals.

I don't body build I do work out though but only the upper body muscles that are lacking due to me being a wheelchair user and only using certain muscles when I push myself around. Also I'm on a limited budget plus I'm not really a food person so don't mind boring food
  • Aaeko
    Options

Sounds like your daily activity would be better suited to either lightly active or active, instead of counting it as exercise.

It's not light active or even just active I work with horses so I'm going through thick mud sand grass etc plus dragging 30kg bags of through fields training horses and mucking booths out
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

It's not light active or even just active I work with horses so I'm going through thick mud sand grass etc plus dragging 30kg bags of through fields training horses and mucking booths out

Set it to active or very active. Log everything and after 4 to 6 weeks evaluate your progress. Make adjustments from there.

Eat what you want within your calorie goals, get adequate protein and fat and check hydration as indicated above. You also get hydration from plenty of foods and virtually all other liquids. Some variety is important to ensure you're getting your micronutrients as well as the macros (protein, carbs, fat).
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Ah. The bodybuilding bro diet...

Do you enjoy eating the exact same things every day? I can't imagine even eating the same thing for lunch and dinner, let alone the same thing every day. Plenty of other protein, carb, and vegetable sources to use for your meals.

I don't body build I do work out though but only the upper body muscles that are lacking due to me being a wheelchair user and only using certain muscles when I push myself around. Also I'm on a limited budget plus I'm not really a food person so don't mind boring food

If you're on a limited budget, it might be a good idea to not spend money on unnecessary supplements and instead spend it on other foods... especially when you have no plans of being a bodybuilder they become even more unnecessary.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

If you work with horses regularly that would constitute as being active, don't you think? I clean my house every day and walk my dog and that's part of my daily routine, I don't count any of it as exercise.