vegetarian diary share?

Options
Any veggies out there want to be friends and share diaries?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol you can friend me, but i dont know how helpful my food diary will be..its full of beer and junk food. hehe
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    already sent a request! my diary is open. today was a challenge day for me so it is unusually good.
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you can add me :) I am a vegan but you can defiantely add cheese or dairy/egg items where necessary :)
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    I'm a veggie head! :) Although Pescetarian mostly (cheese and some egg) Feel free to add me! :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat that way for the most part...
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yay. . everyone. . . . please feel free to add me.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian.
  • Sandiraa
    Sandiraa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have only just started using this. But my Diary and recipes are mostly vegetarian as my partner is. So if you want to steal any recipe ideas feel free :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I like having other veggies for inspiration. :)

Actually I'm a pescatarian (sorry fish!)

Lotty x
  • greensnow
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for over 8 years.. feel free to add :) I try and eat well lol! !
  • loubabes1
    loubabes1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have added you, I'm not a vegertarian (yet) but I'm seriously considering switching to a vegetarian diet. Can anyone recommend any supplements of vitamins I should stock up on?
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    go ahead and peek :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have added you, I'm not a vegertarian (yet) but I'm seriously considering switching to a vegetarian diet. Can anyone recommend any supplements of vitamins I should stock up on?

You don't really need any as a vegetarian. Is there something you think you won't get in your diet?

The only thing I can think of is to talk to a nutritionist about B12 supplements. This is something you can unfortunately only get naturally from meat now. However, there are lots of vegetarian products fortified with B12 now.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I recommend that you first be much more concerned with getting adequate protein.

That being said, to answer your question - vegetarian diets are often zinc deficient (although you can eat meat and remove red meat/chicken and still turn up zinc deficient). As a female, you may also be more likely to be iron deficient as a vegetarian.

Along with what she said about B12 above, I would also make sure you get adequate calcium from dairy.
  • njh2008
    njh2008 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yu dont really need to take any extra vitamin tablets on a veggie diet, as long as u have a varied diet u should ok. Switching from meat to veggie, you may feel a bit tired at first but this still evens out if u incorporate ur protien/iron
  • njh2008
    njh2008 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am going to add all the veggies who replied to this post so I can get inspiration from their food diaries. So far, all i have done is pile on the pounds and have not actually lost any as yet.
  • GiuliaShakespeare
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I'd love some new friends to share my diary with.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    hi i have only been vegetarion for about 3months but you can add me if you like.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of vegan ideas on mine!