there are human beings(for men) out there

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
and this shocks me. I am so used to getting treated like GARBAGE well thats the nice way of saying it...I am used to hearing that by going out with me they are lowering thier standards(yup one date said that to me) I am used to hearing how hot the waitress is and how thier bodies are perfect(the ex) and I am SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED(times 1000) that somehow someway the stars aligned and sent me a good one. I think I told yunz i had a date that was actually worth talking bout afterwards. we did make it official and it has been abotu a month and he is just as sweet if not sweeter than the first day i saw him. Heck on our first date he suprised me with a dozen of long stemmers. he even gave me a bag stuffed with my favorite things on Vday. I am still in shock that a guy that has a great personality, respect for me, a college degree(a masters), a career, is cute, is like me actually has interest in me. I guess God was listening when i was in tears praying to find a good man on new years eve.....

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    and this shocks me. I am so used to getting treated like GARBAGE well thats the nice way of saying it...I am used to hearing that by going out with me they are lowering thier standards(yup one date said that to me) I am used to hearing how hot the waitress is and how thier bodies are perfect(the ex) and I am SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED(times 1000) that somehow someway the stars aligned and sent me a good one. I think I told yunz i had a date that was actually worth talking bout afterwards. we did make it official and it has been abotu a month and he is just as sweet if not sweeter than the first day i saw him. Heck on our first date he suprised me with a dozen of long stemmers. he even gave me a bag stuffed with my favorite things on Vday. I am still in shock that a guy that has a great personality, respect for me, a college degree(a masters), a career, is cute, is like me actually has interest in me. I guess God was listening when i was in tears praying to find a good man on new years eve.....
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Scary how many loser there are out!:drinker: :drinker: Even scarier is the girls who's standars are so low they actually go home with these d-bags. Glad you have found a good one! :drinker:
  • EducatedVegan
    Options
    Oh wow good for you!!!!! That's wonderful to hear.

And no, beauty isn't a dang size two!!!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Scary how many loser there are out!:drinker: :drinker: Even scarier is the girls who's standars are so low they actually go home with these d-bags. Glad you have found a good one! :drinker:
    i always think of the song "finding a good man" by kelly pickler....every girl everywhere has had one or all of em. I had one guy play my best friend and i she and i were ranting bout losers and we mentioned the same guy and every similarity he had and realized it was the same jerk. he recently contacted her so she and i are gonna pay him back with a little visit that will shock him...
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Set your standard high. Then, expect whoever you date to jump even higher to go beyond your standards. Aren't you worth it?

It's about love for yourself.

Self respect.

Loving yourself first.

Good for you to be with someone who treats you the way you want to be treated. Accept nothing less.