Has Any One Else Noticed...

Options
Since I started balancing out my diet and subsequently cutting back on dairy products (especially milk) I've noticed a major change in the condition of my skin and hair? Everything looks healthier and I feel more lively, is this just me and maybe a reaction to cutting back on dairy or has this happened to other people and why?

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't know about my hair or skin, but I definitely have alot more energy. Just overall feel more alive. Especially in the morning. I used to toss around in bed for an hour or so before I finally decide to get up. Now I'm up instantly. Even before the alarm goes off. Never thought I'd get like that. I also noticed I get less sick. Which I like.
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    It's interesting, after not having cow's milk for a few weeks I had half a glass yesterday and felt so sick, this morning my skin feels uncomfortable. I'm glad you're feeling healthier (:
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed a difference in my skin and hair but I give the credit to all of the water Im drinking .
  • jesscowart0501
    jesscowart0501 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i have never been able to grow my fingernails and now i have to actually file them down:wink:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My skin has had such an improvement. I haven't been needing like any makeup lately. I still drink milk for breakfast but I have cut back on other dairy products & the first time I had mac & cheese in a while I got a really bad stomach ache.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Dairy is horrible for my skin. It is actually fairly common for doctors to suggest reducing dairy in patients with acne.
  • Funkysuelee
    Options
    My friend who used to be a beautician stated that dairy can make your skin break out, it's not surprising too as it has additional animal hormones, I have switched to oat milk or rice milk as it is plant based. but my one weakness is cheese I love cheese. is there an alternative for cheese?
  • DownSheGoes
    Options
    My friend who used to be a beautician stated that dairy can make your skin break out, it's not surprising too as it has additional animal hormones, I have switched to oat milk or rice milk as it is plant based. but my one weakness is cheese I love cheese. is there an alternative for cheese?

I don't think there's an alternative to cheese? But if you can't stop eating it try to eat it in moderation, maybe you'll start getting bored of the taste and become less attached the that particular food. I'm really excited with the progress in my skin as I've always had to deal with poor skin/acne and now I feel confident that if I keep up my low dairy intake it may actual go away completely (:
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Nutritional yeast has a cheese like flavor. And it has some B12.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big milk drinker, but I do think eating more wholesome, natural foods has helped my skin, hair and nails. (as well as my energy level)
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I always disliked milk growing up. Turns out I'm allergic/sensitive. Maybe my body was trying to tell me something? Anyways, I haven't had any cow dairy in over two years, and I feel much better for it. I can't even eat anything with casein in it, (and that's in a lot of things that are said to be Dairy free!). I do eat goat milk products. Goat or sheeps milk feta, and goat milk yogurt. That doesn't bother me at all.