Mayo Alternative?

Options
2»

Replies

• lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with everyonr on the avacodo! Mash it up and spice it up and use it as a spread. I like it spicy and add a cajun spice mix.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I know of someone who uses hummus on her sandwiches... and it comes in all different flavors.
  • yjones15
    yjones15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use guacamole or just sliced avocados. You can search recipes online for guacamole or buy it in the stores or Epicure has a seasoning so that you make it yourself (I prefer Epicure's it has a bit more flavour than some store bought ones that I've tried). Here's their website: http://www.epicureselections.com/en/
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I agree on the avocado! That's what I try and use most of the time. Still high in cals but very heart healthy and it only takes a small slice to smear on the bread - yum!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I don't give up mayo.., I'll just work a little harder on my fitness end of it. :o)

haha nice!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I use red vinegar or mustard.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Thanks everyone, good ideas. I love hummus and avocado, and the two suggestion on the nayonaise and the other mayo like spread look good. Thank you :)
  • goingcrazy951
    Options
    mayo made with olive oil is what i use!
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    +1 on the laughing cow...many varieties that compliment various foods!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I've found that I love the Kraft Chipotle mayo...has less fat too!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Calorie-wise Miracle Whip.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use sour cream :) But ive eaten this since i was a kid so i dot know if it only tastes good to me because of that but i love it
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I use mircle whip now, but since you don't like it have you considered spicy brown mustard? It has like 5cals a serving. I like it, I just got really burnt out on sandwiches though
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Avocado for sure... If I ever get Subway, I always get mine with Avo, no mayo! :)

I think if you're making your own sandwiches you can just use a low fat mayo or miracle whip, but as with everything, don't use it to excess! Or maybe cream cheese? Or spread a light laughing cow out on your bread?

I also think cottage cheese is GREAT! Give that a go with avocado! :D
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Here in Barcelona sandwiches are moistened by rubbing a ripe tomato into the bread until it disintigrates and then drizzling a little olive oil and salt. I love it!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Here in Barcelona sandwiches are moistened by rubbing a ripe tomato into the bread until it disintigrates and then drizzling a little olive oil and salt. I love it!

Very interesting! That does sound good! & thanks everyone else too for the suggestions
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Yea, I don't give up my mayo...I totally LOVE my mayo and I'm not about to suffer and give it up. I don't over-indulge though...I only use 1 tbsp...its only 70 calories btw...yes, the other end of it is the fat in it...but hey...I'm not on a *diet*...I'm changing the amounts of food I consume, and I don't and refuse to give up the foods I love so much. If you can find an alternative, that is great, but I'm still losing weight and I still eat the same..just less amounts of it. (*(*( HUGS )*)*)
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Yea, I don't give up my mayo...I totally LOVE my mayo and I'm not about to suffer and give it up. I don't over-indulge though...I only use 1 tbsp...its only 70 calories btw...yes, the other end of it is the fat in it...but hey...I'm not on a *diet*...I'm changing the amounts of food I consume, and I don't and refuse to give up the foods I love so much. If you can find an alternative, that is great, but I'm still losing weight and I still eat the same..just less amounts of it. (*(*( HUGS )*)*)

Good point hugs back!
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    I like to use Laughing Cow light cheese, it takes the place of both mayo and cheese!! And it's yummy. But sometimes I just have to have my mayo...........
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Kraft olive oil mayo. Also avocados are good.