Having trouble meeting my goals

Options
I keep going over my calorie goal. I start out ok, but then I eat more b/c I'm hungry. Someone mentioned that I need more protein. What do you all eat for protein? And I need some help achieving my goals.

Replies

• agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Nuts are a great source of protein, but you have a lot of fat in them as well. If you are looking for low fat options fish and chicken.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese and low fat string cheese work for me
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Yogurt is a great protein source for me. Best of luck finding low-cal options. I am sure you will get many responses to your thread that will be helpful :)
  • cherylwimmers
    cherylwimmers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs to eat more protein,every day for lunch, most days. I also found I was really hungry so I switched to losing 1.5lbs/week instead of 2. That gave me a bit more calories every day. I don't want to fail and hunger would increase my risk of failure. I also find I'm less hungry on days that I have a good cardio workout, I have extra calories but I'm really not as hungry.
  • santosateos
    Options
    Hi Cyndee!

this was my problem for the last few days
    today however i managed to stay under my calorie goal again
    you can try eating more protein like u mentioned--eat lean meat, soy products are a good source of protein with less fat, cholosterol and calories

you can try trader joe's soy nuggets,tofurky or other vegetarian meats for example

another way to stay under your calorie budget is to eat more frequent meals that keep you constantly full, but that contain less calories, lettuce for instance has almost no calories and a cup of lettuce gets you really full!

good luck with your goals!
    you can add me if you want so we can help and encourage eachother :)

8446966.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mahi mahi/ dolphinfish fillet is a lump of pure protein.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Also think about the fact that when you feel "hungry" try drinking a tall glass of cold water! and wait for 30 mins and decide if you're still actually hungry. many people don't hydrate enough and think that feeling hungry is what they're feeling, when most cases they're actually THIRSTY!!!! The best thing you can do for yourself is to increase your pure water consumption to the recomended 8 glasses, or more once you adjust! It will really help the weight come off. Also, eating protein in the MORNING!!! will help you curb the feeling of hunger for longer. And include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and limit your processed foods. And track your sodium too, the more salt you consume, the more it will trigger the part of your brain that craves empty carbs and sweets. Good luck! Hope this helps ya.
  • myfurturelooksgood
    myfurturelooksgood Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Cyndee,
    I have alot of trouble with getting sufficient protein as well. I don't like beef, chicken, or turkey, am allergic to eggs, so I used tuna, fresh fish, and legumes for a week. Finally I talked with some fitness friends who suggested protein shakes. Went to the Vitamin Shoppe and purchased Gold Standard 100% whey protein. I use one each day either as a meal replacement or a snack to get 24 grams of protein.
    When I am having trouble with staying under my goals, I drink more water and/or increase my exercise/activity level for get a few more calories. I am finding that the more I exercise (mainly walking, just boosting up my pace), the more I want to exercise.
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to fill up on fruits and veges, they have their own protein and will keep you fuller for longer. Tuna and turkey are also great protein providers. Good points above too - the more you exercise the more you can eat!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a lot of times I'm actually thirsty, not hungry... and they basically feel the same for me! Drink 20-30 minutes before eating and see how you feel like someone above suggested.

Also, from what I've gathered, someone can correct me if I'm wrong... if you're not eating what your body WANTS (nutrients, vitamins, etc.etc.) your body is going to keep asking for it (IE: feeling hungry even though you've just eaten).
  • rabbit99_47203
    Options
    If you need more protien but want to save on calories try special k water protien drink mix. It comes in packets and you add it to your water (16oz.) It's great for a snack instead of over endulging. Its satisfiying and helps you stay full. Protein will give you that full filling. I have problems processing sugar so taking in more protien helps balance out my levels and keeps me in the calorie burning mode.