22 days of deficit & only 2lbs lost. Help!?

Options
So, I had my metabolic BMR calculated at a local university, and it's 1720.
I calculated my calories for weight loss to be around 1800-2000. I fairly consistently hit the 1800 mark, and I I've still only lost 2lbs in almost a month!
I diligently measure/weigh/track...my numbers are pretty damn exact. Also, macros are calculated for an endomorph.
41 y/o male
5'10"
230lbs
Any ideas out there??

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    j37bar6pahrb.jpg
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    yegdave wrote: »
    I calculated my calories for weight loss to be around 1800-2000. I fairly consistently hit the 1800 mark, and I I've still only lost 2lbs in almost a month!
    I diligently measure/weigh/track...my numbers are pretty damn exact. Also, macros are calculated for an endomorph.
    41 y/o male
    5'10"
    230lbs
    Any ideas out there??

What is your activity level? Do you do exercise? If you are sedentary without exercise, your daily calorie burn would be 2064. That would make your weight loss at 1800 calories half a pound a week, which is right about where you are at.

This ^^

You're losing exactly what you should be based on what you're eating, if you want to lose at a slighly faster rate, you could bump up your deficit to a pound a week loss by cutting a further 250 calories, but whether that will be sustainable for you is a different matter.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    How did you determine your 2lb loss? How many weight-ins (data points) did you collect during these past three weeks? Were they all under similar conditions? (Same scale, position, similar time of day, lack of clothing, after bathroom before food and drink?)
  • yegdave
    yegdave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    How did you determine your 2lb loss? How many weight-ins (data points) did you collect during these past three weeks? Were they all under similar conditions? (Same scale, position, similar time of day, lack of clothing, after bathroom before food and drink?)

I'm weighing in daily, at 8am every morning at the exact same location on a digital Withings/Nokia scale. It's all under the exact same conditions!
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is good dude. Just have to keep it up. And if it's a digital scale sometimes you have weigh a couple of times, they seem to get stuck on the same number.
  • yegdave
    yegdave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    yegdave wrote: »
    41 y/o male
    5'10"
    230lbs
    Any ideas out there??

What is your activity level? Do you do exercise? If you are sedentary without exercise, your daily calorie burn would be 2064. That would make your weight loss at 1800 calories half a pound a week, which is right about where you are at.

Hey Mike, I've recently had a loop recorder implanted to catch an arrythmia. Since that, I've been sedentary until this gets resolved. So...I'm dieting only. Because that's it, I really want to dial this in and get this excess weight off!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    macros are calculated for an endomorph. - doesn't matter, not a thing.