Had A Cheat Week

I binge ate all week for my birthday and i going back to gym today i wont let this stop me from my goals i just thought i would share that with you all Have A Great Sunday

Replies

• walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    Good for you! It does us all good to take a break once in awhile.
  • GeauxL
    GeauxL Posts: 57 Member
    Important thing is you are getting back on track!
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    I did a binge over the weekend, jumped on the scales this morning in the hope a good day yesterday might have reduced the impact but ive jumped up 7lbs, gutted... feel like i need to start over as now i have a stone to loose to get back to goal weight!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited February 2019
    6raham wrote: »
    I did a binge over the weekend, jumped on the scales this morning in the hope a good day yesterday might have reduced the impact but ive jumped up 7lbs, gutted... feel like i need to start over as now i have a stone to loose to get back to goal weight!

@6raham, I doubt your binge was 24500 calories above maintenance (1lb of fat is equivalent to approx 3500 calories) the gain on the scale following a binge is mostly water weight caused by increased intake of carbs/sodium/alcohol. If you just crack on as normal you'll see it drop off a few days down the line.

r7j3ap989m9z.jpg

• fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    When i work out then have a cheat day it last for weeks then turn into months and i lose all progress and gain more. So the fact that u can catch yourself and get back to the gym ahead of time is good because you should enjoy what you want to eat but dont let it ruin your goals.
  • roisis7312
    roisis7312 Posts: 3 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 Oh thank you - this is soooooo what I needed to see this morning :) I've likewise been freaking out that the scales jumped 2lbs over the weekend when I've so painstakingly lost only 5lbs in a month. The weekend was a planned treat (I even had some beer) - so it's time to stop punishing myself and move on.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Happy Birthday and Good for you!
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    6raham wrote: »

@6raham, I doubt your binge was 24500 calories above maintenance (1lb of fat is equivalent to approx 3500 calories) the gain on the scale following a binge is mostly water weight caused by increased intake of carbs/sodium/alcohol. If you just crack on as normal you'll see it drop off a few days down the line.

r7j3ap989m9z.jpg

Thank you!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Firstly it is important that you learn from it and move on. Don't let a slip up slide into weeks and months. I found when I had my slip ups while losing that the feeling of disappointment is what I used to make sure I never did that again. Don't get me wrong having something you want from time to time is great, just remember just because you had a 2500 cal dinner one night doesn't mean you should throw away the rest of the week and start again next week. Doing this will be a never ending circle and for many its tough to break free from. Think about what it took to get to where you are now and know you don't want to go through all that again just to get to where you are now. I find this helps as well