I am my own worse enemy

I have to be accountable for my actions. If I don’t log everything I won’t be successful and I’m only lying to myself!

I am my own worse enemy.

I had a few cheat days that rolls into a cheat week. My treadmill became a clothes rack.

I really want this.....smh

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited February 2019
    ginagurl79 wrote: »
    I have to be accountable for my actions. If I don’t log everything I won’t be successful and I’m only lying to myself!

I am my own worse enemy.

I had a few cheat days that rolls into a cheat week. My treadmill became a clothes rack.

Have you thought about why it turned into a week? could be that your chosen rate of loss too aggressive which makes it too restrictive which in turn leads to a hunger-induced binge.

Same goes for the treadmill - why is it currently a clothes rack? Do you enjoy using it? If not, find another activity you do enjoy. Exercise is for health, not really for weight loss, weight loss happens in the kitchen.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Every moment of every day is a fresh chance.

Break down your goals in to manageable pieces.

Maybe this week log all your breakfasts and put away the clothes on the treadmill.

Next week, use the treadmill a couple times.
  • ginagurl79
    ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member

I am my own worse enemy.

Have you thought about why it turned into a week? could be that your chosen rate of loss too aggressive which makes it too restrictive which in turn leads to a hunger-induced binge.

Same goes for the treadmill - why is it currently a clothes rack? Do you enjoy using it? If not find another activity you do enjoy. Exercise if for health, not really for weight loss, weight loss happens in the kitchen.

I hate making excuses but I do know. I have so muchon my plate, although not a good enough excuse. My job is extremely stressful , we are always on the run in my life, with meetings, appointments, etc. My son is autistic and was just diagnosed due to being over active, having problems in school...& being adopted his bio mom was a drug user. So the symptoms are stemming from that.

BUT I CANNOT LET STRESS MAKE ME EAT

I ♥️♥️♥️ my treadmill but I seriously am exhausted by the time incomplete my day w work, kids and husband.

I know they are excuses and I am holding myself accountablethe first step is admitting it..correct?

• ginagurl79
    ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Every moment of every day is a fresh chance.

Break down your goals in to manageable pieces.

Maybe this week log all your breakfasts and put away the clothes on the treadmill.

Next week, use the treadmill a couple times.

The worse thing is...my husband had a heart attack and we wanted to do this together. He is the snack king...always buying snacks even when I am not with him.

Yes, u are right

I can do this
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited February 2019

I am my own worse enemy.

Same goes for the treadmill - why is it currently a clothes rack? Do you enjoy using it? If not find another activity you do enjoy. Exercise if for health, not really for weight loss, weight loss happens in the kitchen.

I hate making excuses but I do know. I have so muchon my plate, although not a good enough excuse. My job is extremely stressful , we are always on the run in my life, with meetings, appointments, etc. My son is autistic and was just diagnosed due to being over active, having problems in school...& being adopted his bio mom was a drug user. So the symptoms are stemming from that.

BUT I CANNOT LET STRESS MAKE ME EAT

I ♥️♥️♥️ my treadmill but I seriously am exhausted by the time incomplete my day w work, kids and husband.

I know they are excuses and I am holding myself accountablethe first step is admitting it..correct?

Be kinder to yourself, it does sounds like you have lot on your plate, if you do find you have time for anything at the moment, just try and focus on logging what you eat for a while, regardless of it being in a deficit, and review after a couple of days to see where you can make some effortless cutbacks.

The small things can add up to big changes, for me it was just things like weighing out portions of things like cereal/pasta/rice/etc as previously I had no idea what a healthy portion size was and cutting down on the amount of oil I was using.

I still eat most of the things I ate before, I just eat smaller portions of the higher calorie stuff, bulk out meals with a few more veg and I am more mindful of the stuff I am snacking on in-between meals (Before I might have sat eating a full bar of Galaxy or Dairy Milk, now I get the kids bars and have 1-2 of them which is about 180 calories instead of 600).

It could also be worth looking into other things to help you de-stress. Replace the bad habits with a better one.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    If I don’t log everything I won’t be successful

Good news. If you do log everything, you likely will be successful. Give up the cheat mentality. There really is no way to cheat.

If you embrace the process as a set of things to do, the only “cheat” is to quit. Don’t.
  • ManEatingLizard
    ManEatingLizard Posts: 15 Member
    We're all our own worst enemy. The trick is to find a routine you don't mind doing. ANY diet will work if you stick to it. NOT every diet makes sense for everyone because of lifestyle. A single mom isn't going to do great on a "eat salad and fish" diet, because they have kids who eat mac and cheese and whatnot. They're better with a weight watchers kind of regimen. A long distance runner cannot live on a low calorie diet, but they need specific nutrition in their calories. If your diet is hard to stick to.... try to find one that's easier for your life. I do calorie counting because I have a mental block when it comes to giving up Coca Cola and tacos. I'm NOT going to do it... so I needed a way to work them in. Calorie counting made that viable for me. Some people aren't good at logging.... for them I'd recommend the 21 Day fix diet, because if it fits in the containers you get to eat it, no calorie counting involved.

Figure out what will WORK for you. There's a lifestyle eating plan out there for everyone. Find one you don't feel like a prisoner of.
  • tturner0824
    tturner0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Different strategies work for dofferent people. Maybe you havent found what works for you?
    Have you found a buddy that helps to push you?
    Have you tried to set a reminder?
    Have you found your why?
    Have you found a work out regimen that you enjoy?

Many times we are our own worse enimies, i know for sure i am. For me it always takes a buddy for me to put my mind to it