Training Routines

Options
I find it very odd that the app has strength training exercises functionality without sessions... the individual exercises should be part of a routine/session. Ie log a strength training session, plan it out with multiple exercises, add actual weights and reps as you go and total the duration when done. Seems pretty obvious to me... is it in the timeline for future releases?

Replies

• paquer
    paquer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m using the free version of ‘Strong’ on my iPhone... it’s ok...

I log the duration of the weight training exercise in my Fitbit and the calories burned estimates are then derived from heart rate / fitbits algorithms...

I’m looking for a different / better strength training tracking app, since already paying for myFitnesspal it would be nice to do it all here.

But if I can’t set up sessions (upper body lower body, push/pull/legs/compound whatever) then myfitness pal seems pretty lame / not up to the task.

Not up for typing in all of my exercises every time considering they don’t change much from week to week (add/remove and mix it up a little but for the most part they are constant)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    MFP is mostly a calorie tracking app. The strength exercise tracker is not a priority and I don't remember any improvements to it in the past few years.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    In my app there is an ellipse (... dot dot dot) at the bottom of the exercise section. If you click that there is an option to “copy to date” and you can copy your daily workout to another day.