Could really use some advice :(

Options
Hi, so I've weighed 138 pounds for a year now and am trying to get back to 130 because that's where I feel most comfortable. However, being in college it has been very difficult because I've gone through some very stressful and emotional times where I got stuck into this never ending cycle of dieting and then binging. On top of that I feel like I'm putting on more and more fat overtime especially in my thighs and hips. :(
I've tried so many different eating styles, such as intermittent fasting, low carb, keto, calorie zig zagging and so much more and nothing is working! I either can't stick to it and end up binging on all of this horrible food that I've been craving or I just don't see any progress and quit and think I'm not doing something right.
So right now what I'm doing is calorie zig zagging while cutting my carbs and sweets:
M: 1400
T: 1200
W: 1600
T: 1300
F: 1,000
S: 1500
S: 1400
I do cardio everyday and HIIT 3 times a week and do weights 3 times per week. I haven't been eating any sweets except for sugar free pudding and jell-o while also cutting my carbs to 50g each day all coming from fruits and vegetables. Please can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Am I not eating enough? Do I just need to give it more time? I don't know how to lose these last 10 pounds that have been stuck on me for the las year!!!

Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks so much!

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would alos be interested to know about this. Does everyone think that zig zagging your calories makes you lose weight easier?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    find something and stick with it.

i am not a fan of zig zagging. just try to eat the same amount of cals each day.
  • Fatbuttsexy
    Options
    I have seen that routine and sticking to it helps the best,,,try sticking to a steady routine and that will help....slow steady : weight stays of longer rather that quick hit and miss
    Stay with 1200 cal per day and increase exercise will help alot with weight loss...but remember cut down sugar and carbs......protein makes you feel full and is better for your muscle toning
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my weight by going with what this site reccomends. I've tried zig zag and didn't notice a difference. It tiook a few weeks for anything to start working because your body has to adjust. I would find something and just stick with it. Take baby steps though, if you cut too much at once your more likely to break your diet and binge.
  • Fatbuttsexy
    Options
    I have seen that routine and sticking to it helps the best,,,try sticking to a steady routine and that will help....slow steady : weight stays of longer rather that quick hit and miss
    Stay with 1200 cal per day and increase exercise will help alot with weight loss...but remember cut down sugar and carbs......protein makes you feel full and is better for your muscle toning
    Sounds to me like you metabolic rate has had a shock with your stress factor lately...stress does not help HEALTHY long tern weight loss
  • jmontes143
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! So when you say eat 1200 calories does that mean I add how much I burn through exercise to the 1200? Also I manually set my carb/protein/fat ratio to 15/45/40, do you think that this is good or would you recommend something different?
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to suggest something totally different! Since the last 10lbs are so much more difficult to lose, I'd say the most important thing is finding a plan that you can stick to. At 138lbs you're not going to be able to lose 8lbs in 2 weeks! Especially if you're going through a stressful time (I'm an emotional eater too) maybe cutting carbs AND calories AND cycling is just too much for you to be able to stick to just now.

What if you went for 1300 calories a day (making sure you log everything! that's the most important thing), planned out meals totaling 1000 and then leaving yourself 300 for the unexpected/something nice to cheer yourself up with? I know that worked for me, anyway. When I say nice, it can be whatever you want but obviously something healthy rather than junky is better. So some dark chocolate/toast/whatever. Personally I think simple plans are best! And to have days where you eat more and days where youre just not so hungry is totally normal - rather than calorie cycling, what if you had days where you allowed yourself to go over by 100-200 if you really want to, but then just be under the next day?

Good luck!