True Crime junkies

Roadking311
Roadking311 Posts: 26 Member
Any other true crime junkies ??? I been binge watching documentaries and listening to podcast. Great to past the time exercising.

So many sick folk out there and often a screwed up system to catch and keep them off the streets.

Replies

• Roadking311
    I also watched the Bundy tapes this past weekend. Always been interested in his case, but the audio and video of him was intriguing yet disturbing

I started the Cold podcast today about the Susan Powell case from many years ago
  • Roadking311
    Lately YouTube has been recommending the punisher now that dude is wild!

It’s that factual or fiction?
  • Roadking311
    Have you seen the Staircase?
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    DAndras311 wrote: »
    Any other true crime junkies ??? I been binge watching documentaries and listening to podcast. Great to past the time exercising.

So many sick folk out there and often a screwed up system to catch and keep them off the streets.

Listened to My Favorite Murder yet?
  • LiftingSpirits
    DAndras311 wrote: »
    Have you seen the Staircase?

I have seen this and I just don't know what I think about his guilt.
    I do think the wrong people are in jail regarding Making a Murderer though.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    I am a fan of this genre although I find it makes me much more weary of strangers and people in general. Its not like the old days anymore, where you could go places without getting murdered.
  • sleek_monique
    sleek_monique Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2019
    I am obsessed with True Crime right now. I just finished listening to hours worth of podcasts regarding adnan sayed. And honestly I can't decide if he is guilty. Also abducted in plain sight on netflix is CRAZY!! It just kept getting more and more weird. My favorite true crime podcast is Crime Junkies. Those girls do an amazing job with their story telling. Just a warning though almost all of their stories are unsolved so it can leave you feeling incomplete. I don't really understand where this obsession has come from, but I have lived through some gory "crime" myself, so perhaps that is why.. maybe to try and understand them more.. who knows? Either way it passes the time.
  • Roadking311
    There is a 4 part documentary about to come on about adnan. Also the undisclosed pod cast about it is a good addition to the Serial podcast.
    I am obsessed with True Crime right now. I just finished listening to hours worth of podcasts regarding adnan sayed. And honestly I can't decide if he is guilty. Also abducted in plain sight on netflix is CRAZY!! It just kept getting more and more weird. My favorite true crime podcast is Crime Junkies. Those girls do an amazing job with their story telling. Just a warning though almost all of their stories are unsolved so it can leave you feeling incomplete. I don't really understand where this obsession has come from, but I have lived through some gory "crime" myself, so perhaps that is why.. maybe to try and understand them more.. who knows? Either way it passes the time.

• sleek_monique
    sleek_monique Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah I just finished undisclosed, the first season. Serial was amazing. I'm excited about a documentary. Whether he is guilty or not, he really shouldn't be in jail based on what they have. :(
  • LiftingSpirits
    Yeah I just finished undisclosed, the first season. Serial was amazing. I'm excited about a documentary. Whether he is guilty or not, he really shouldn't be in jail based on what they have. :(

Is that on Netflix? Or is it a podcast?
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    I enjoy the shows, some of the podcasts seem to stretch things out to get a certain number of episodes though
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Podcasts:
    I'm currently listening to Dr. Death.
    Casefile usually has interesting episodes, it's new to me though.
    I've binged The Teacher's Pet, Up and Vanished, and Bear Brook.
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Meeeeeeeeeeee. Started with listening to Forensic Files on the TV as I fell asleep. Now I watch, listen and read everything I can get by hands on.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yep, love them..
    Crimes that Shook the World
    Crime Investigation
    Murder uncovered
    24 hours to murder
    Murder call
    LA confidential

Not crime but I love Autopsy USA too
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2019

It's definitely interesting that so many serial killers existed during the 70's-90's.

I have bought the books Sudden Terror (made before Joseph James DeAngelo was caught) & The Stranger Beside Me (Ann Rule's book about Ted Bundy) to read.

The ones that get to me the most are the torture killers (like Lawrence Bittaker/Roy Norris) or the ones who kill children/elderly since they have a harder time of defending themselves.